Suggestions for Strength Training

Options
Does anyone have suggestions on strength training exercises for me? I don't have access to a gym and I don't have any weights at home.

Replies

• NellyBlight
    NellyBlight Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Squats, push-ups, sit-ups and lunges are really great exercises, especially if you do them in a circuit. You could add some tricep dips using a chair.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Also, you can use cans of food for weights. push-ups help. :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I agree with all thee above and also For weights: use canned vegies or fill milk jugs with sand/water or whatever! Put two chairs back to back a lil wide, place a broom through them, lay on floor under broom about even with chest ,grip broom shoulder width or a lil wider and do pull ups. Do a close hand push up (that works the tricep) Hope this and the above help! If you can try and get some bands or some hand weights but BODY weight works too! Best wishes!
    Verda
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Tahnks everyone, I will try it! I think i need to get some strength training in for my bone density and making the weight loss a little easier.