Options
lorforde
lorforde Posts: 68 Member
Starting the 30 day shred tomorrow. Any tips/advise? :noway:

Replies

• tammy1005
    tammy1005 Posts: 62
    Options
    good luck! me too! feel free to add me...we can keep each other motivated!
  • pbangle
    pbangle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too! Good luck! Let me know how it's going
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Me too! As soon as it comes in the post! :happy:
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 3 sucks! That is the day you will be the most sore. Push through it, I promise it gets better and you will get results. I did it 30 years ago and lost 12 pounds in 30 days and went from a size 12 to 8. I am doing it now everyday with my other workout routines.

Good luck. I hope you love it as much as i do.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Make sure you focus on keeping your knees behind your toes on the lunges/squats. Otherwise you could injure your knees!
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    good luck im one day 2 and just push through it dont quit as much as you want i know i always wanna quit half way threw but you'll be so happy when you dont and you successfully finish the workout
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    :smile: I started about 12 days ago but just did day 9 today due to events that meant I couldn't do it on a few of the days. I found the first 3 days quite sore muscle wise , on the fourth it was easier, by the 5th my muscles were fine...now it is pretty do-able every day. Because of the structure....3,2,1 and 3 circuits it is broken up nicely so psychologically I find it o.k to get through generally...an end of one kind or another is always in sight. Not saying it is easy...unfortunately the press-ups at the start and the bicycle crunches at the very end are my worst parts so I kinda end badly every time, lol! But it is o.k really. I am not sure if I will graduate to the 2nd level after tomorrow...I guess I might watch level 2 session and see what I think. My advice would be to push yourself to keep going for the first 4 or 5 days and then it gets easier. If you miss a day try to do it the next so you don't find it hard to go back. Other than tha I cna't think of anything. There is a group that started the 30DS in May - feel free to join in if you like. Good luck! :smile:
  • lorforde
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I really can't see myself doing it for 30 days in a row to be honest, is this something that you have done pretty much straight through?
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Day 3 sucks! That is the day you will be the most sore. Push through it, I promise it gets better and you will get results. I did it 30 years ago and lost 12 pounds in 30 days and went from a size 12 to 8. I am doing it now everyday with my other workout routines.

Good luck. I hope you love it as much as i do.

I completely agree. I was so sore, now, i just sweat !:laugh:
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    :smile: I started about 12 days ago but just did day 9 today due to events that meant I couldn't do it on a few of the days. I found the first 3 days quite sore muscle wise , on the fourth it was easier, by the 5th my muscles were fine...now it is pretty do-able every day. Because of the structure....3,2,1 and 3 circuits it is broken up nicely so psychologically I find it o.k to get through generally...an end of one kind or another is always in sight. Not saying it is easy...unfortunately the press-ups at the start and the bicycle crunches at the very end are my worst parts so I kinda end badly every time, lol! But it is o.k really. I am not sure if I will graduate to the 2nd level after tomorrow...I guess I might watch level 2 session and see what I think. My advice would be to push yourself to keep going for the first 4 or 5 days and then it gets easier. If you miss a day try to do it the next so you don't find it hard to go back. Other than tha I cna't think of anything. There is a group that started the 30DS in May - feel free to join in if you like. Good luck! :smile:

oh boy.. Level two is an *kitten* kicker the first day!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options

LOL.. Level 3 is killing me...she is a planking fool... but I have to admit I have had more results with this then any other workout!!
  • danielle1983cov
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of circuit 2. I'm sooooo bored with it now, but am determined to finish it this time as I started level one about 12 times! I'm still quite heavy and find it difficult to do some of the exercises - the walk out push ups in level 2 are still so hard! This would be my biggest piece of advice - just modify what you can't quite manage. Anything you're doing is better than sitting on the sofa!

Also, it's quite hard on your knees. Make sure you have decent trainers and are careful with the squats etc.

I have found that it's great for inches, but not so good for actual weight loss so make sure you measure!

Good luck.x
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just started mine yesterday. I'm going to do it every other day for the first week and then try it everyday.
    but man am i sore as crap right now! lol

Good Luck!
  • danielle1983cov
    Options

LOL.. Level 3 is killing me...she is a planking fool... but I have to admit I have had more results with this then any other workout!!

Planks make me want to cry...
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just started it Thursday. I did my second day today (my schedule is crazy so it won't be an everday thing, unfortunately.) and I don't know if it's cause I'm just out of shape, or my elliptical doesn't work those certain muscle but it hurts to sit down! LOL My second day wasn't as bad as the first, though! It definitely gets easier! I love it, though! I feel amazing afterwards!!!!! I need some 30 Day Shredders as motivation so if anyone wants to add me, please do! :)
  • chelsie_1984
    chelsie_1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing it but good luck. I know you need to push yourself but I think I pushed too much. After day 2 I was so sore I could hardly move. I guess my legs were really out of shape. I had to take a two day break and just got back at it last night. I does get easier with each time. But I can't complain. I love all the change ups!!
  • lorforde
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of circuit 2. I'm sooooo bored with it now, but am determined to finish it this time as I started level one about 12 times! I'm still quite heavy and find it difficult to do some of the exercises - the walk out push ups in level 2 are still so hard! This would be my biggest piece of advice - just modify what you can't quite manage. Anything you're doing is better than sitting on the sofa!

Also, it's quite hard on your knees. Make sure you have decent trainers and are careful with the squats etc.

I have found that it's great for inches, but not so good for actual weight loss so make sure you measure!

Good luck.x

do you mind me asking how many inches you have lost and where so that I can see where I may be successful. i am having a dress made and want to have a vague idea of inch loss? Thanks x
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    keep your stomach tight to avoid bulky abs - you'll get flat abs :))