Pizza Recipes

Options
Mommy_Time
Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
I am looking for some good pizza recipes that are not high in calories.

Replies

• toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I got those brownberry pocket thins... 100 calorie.....2T bbq sauce.. approx. 70 quarter cup of cheese 90 and a couple ounces of diced chicken... 50 or 60 im guessing without looking.. add some onions or tomatoes .... personal style pizza for 300 to 325 calories. i love it!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    The crust adds a lot of calories to a pizza. If you're willing to try an interesting substitutes, you can decrease the calories.

Here's a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust. I've tried it and its actually really good. The entire crust has just under 500 calories. I regular pizza crust has around 1000
    http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16/cauliflower-crust-hawaiian-pizza/

I've also found that fat free cheese works (I've used kraft shredded cheddar) well in this recipe. Fat free cheese is usually pretty iffy when you try to melt it or eat it alone, but the somewhat rubbery texture that makes it not so good as a pizza topping actually makes a pretty decent pizza crust. It also saves quite a few calories as well.

I don't have any recipes per say, but I do have a couple tips. Pile on the veggies, stick with lean meats, and go easy on the cheese. I found that I feel satisfied with less cheese on my pizza if I substitute some of the mozzarella for something with more flavor, like Parmesan or pecorino.
  • morbidbones
    morbidbones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    http://mitochondrialdepletionsyndrome.blogspot.com/2012/04/shirataki-noodle-pizza-bites-12.html

Pizza bites recipe at only 12 calories each (not my recipe) x
  • kdiment
    kdiment Posts: 31
    Options
    English muffin pizzas!

Whole wheat english muffins, pizza sauce, and Weight Watchers mozzarella cheese. I'm a pepperoni girl, so I add turkey pepperoni.

Bake in the oven for like 10 minutes, and it's done! Good and easy!
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use square wraps ( I'm in the uk) 2 tbs BBQ sauce, 35grams of finely grated mozzarella, ready cooked BBQ chicken, ham. In the oven for 10 mins. It is better than any 'real' pizza I have ever tasted and is about 400 cals, but is huge! My veggie sis in law does them with mozzarella, tomato purée, mushrooms, red onion, peppers etc and they come in at about 300 cals.