Anyone here have a bariatric sleeve done?

Options
vmudgett
vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
I am new to this board. Had a bariatric sleeve done in December. I need to stay at about 1100 calories and about 70 grams of protein. Looking for support and great menu ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• pollyowl
    pollyowl Posts: 5
    Options
    My sleeve op was done just six weeks ago. I am one of the lucky ones and am almost back to eating normally. In other words I eat very small portions of the same food I cook the family. I too am having problems keeping my protein up. I normally manage 40 - 50g but have been told it should be 60 - 70g.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Add some protein shakes -- easy peasy. I drink 2-3 a day and they are each 25-30g protein a day.
    I aim for at least 100g protein a day and have no problem when I add these.

There are many other great high protein ideas ...
    Greek yogurt (like fage 0%), string cheese/cottage cheese (watch the sodium in these), lean meats, jerky, beans, good grains like quinoa, almond/soy milk...
  • MissLunaChic
    MissLunaChic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also had the sleeve done about 6 weeks ago. You should consider checking out forums like ObesityHelp.com. there are forums specific to each type of weight loss surgery with tones of people at different stages who can offer great advice and recipie suggestions.

Also check out http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/. Where are great bariatric recipies there which are low fat, low cal and high protein. best of wishes to you!
  • LorraineRay
    LorraineRay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am getting sleeved May 29th. I also found a good site called verticalsleevetalk.com. Great community just for sleevers! There is a recipe section too.

Lori
  • MDG8025
    MDG8025 Posts: 4
    Options
    I was sleeved on the 29th of May and am about to start my soft foods stage tomorrow. Obesityhelp.com has been a great tool so far, especially since I haven't had much support from my family about having the surgery. I'm always looking for new recipes, especially on pinterest...and please add me!
  • SlimSmittySleeved
    SlimSmittySleeved Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting sleeved on July 17th, and during my 6 month pre-op diet I've been on ThinnerTimesForum.com... I go there daily, and i have learned SO much more than if I'd just relied on my dietician. I went to a support group at my local bariatric center, I was the only one pre-op, and i was giving THEM tips... SUCH a great resource :)

send me friend requests! I need all the support I can get :-D
  • LorraineRay
    LorraineRay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You wont regret it. Best decision I have ever made.
  • tweetyep
    Options
    Thnk you I am a new sleever and will definately check out these websites.
  • felty512
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I was just sleeved on 11/7 and I am slowly introducing new regular food now.
  • tweetyep
    Options
    I just had the sleeve done Thursday and seen your post how are you doing with your surgery?