What to do on those just BLAH days? :(

Options
So I'm having one of those "I just feel crap" days, and I can find it really hard to get motivated! I just don't know what to do with myself!
Most people will probably know what I mean, you can get tiered ALL day, your head hurts, and generally you just feel every and can't be bothered lifting a finger.

This can either go two ways for me...

I generally do no excersize or go outside for both :/ it just seems out of the question for my brain to comprehend on these days :L
But I'll either OVER eat, just grazing on junk food whenever it passes me because I'm too "blah" to eat anything eles.

OR

I'll dramatically UNDER eat, because I just...honestly don't feel like eating, I'm not hungry :p and I can't be bothered cooking either.

But I know either of these isn't healthy :/ but I don't know what to do to give me a little pick me up, or determination to fight it :P

Anyone got suggestions or also suffer from the dreadful BLAH?

Replies

• sandwichcat
    sandwichcat Posts: 22
    Options
    no one? :(
  • lauren128m
    lauren128m Posts: 75
    Options
    I had a blah day on Thursday, and I just let myself do nothing. It gave me more motivation to make sure I get back on track on Friday. I ate so much and didn't even log it. It was also the first day of my monthly gift, so I figured I needed a day to feel lazy.

If you wanna work out just go for a walk, that's the only thing I was able to motivate myself to do yesterday. The beautiful weather helped motivate me to do that
  • OK450
    OK450 Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel your pain. LOL I'm having a BLAH couple of weeks, so I got nuthin' in the way of advice. This too shall pass. I usually wait...and the motivation will return. I hope. : )
  • catti41
    catti41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today is blah day, i know i pushed myself to go for a walk but didnt work as hard a i normally would.
    i would just go for the walk, even it it's not the hard burn you would normally go for, just get outside and do something rather than being near the fridge.
    dont punish yourself, just know that this is a one off (or once a month off) and get on with it.
    i know tomorrow is a new day, and i'll plan as such!
    good luck
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    days like this i rest (i also call my cheat day)..and make sure to workout the next day....and as long as i make sure that i dont have BLAH days more than twice a week eheheh
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I understand & agree with OK450, I am in a major "blah" slump. I am not eating enough & have lost focus with workouts. Mine is stress induced & it will bog me down for several weeks & then my brain trips & demands food & the hover running round lol.

Check out your stress(it may not be obvious) & either accept these times as part of your personality or jump on an NLP Course :)

Russ
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I try to at least go through the motions. So I'll log even if it's terrible. I'll 'exercise' even if that involves dragging myself for a walk around the block and the speed of a constipated snail.

And because for me it very often is hormonal I know that if I just grind through for a few days and don't do too much damage then I'll feel better and can get back on track.
  • rohenna
    rohenna Posts: 21
    Options
    I had a blah day today. When I realised I was going to hit my calorie limit, I forced myself to do 20 mins of housework. Thats was all I needed to not feel totally ruined. I noticed that when I feel tired and lethargic (usually after a BIG day of exercise, as Im in my early days still) I just take it easy, do my usual tidying up, and maybe park the car a little way away from the supermarket door or whatever...just tiny ways to make the exercise pull off the calories. I also allow myself some sweet food (within bounds) and dont feel bad. I ate a vanilla slice today, but came home and did some housework. I think its a matter of not heaping guilt during the down days, and going hell for leather during the up days! Good luck
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    So I'm having one of those "I just feel crap" days, and I can find it really hard to get motivated! I just don't know what to do with myself!
    Most people will probably know what I mean, you can get tiered ALL day, your head hurts, and generally you just feel every and can't be bothered lifting a finger.

This can either go two ways for me...

I generally do no excersize or go outside for both :/ it just seems out of the question for my brain to comprehend on these days :L
    But I'll either OVER eat, just grazing on junk food whenever it passes me because I'm too "blah" to eat anything eles.

OR

I'll dramatically UNDER eat, because I just...honestly don't feel like eating, I'm not hungry :p and I can't be bothered cooking either.

But I know either of these isn't healthy :/ but I don't know what to do to give me a little pick me up, or determination to fight it :P

Anyone got suggestions or also suffer from the dreadful BLAH?
  • sandwichcat
    Options
    Thanks guys! i guess your right, just got to keep the guilt at bay and dont beat yourself up about it, not everyday can be fitness perfect!

And i'll try giving little things a go when i just can't be bothered, my room could do with a good cleaning!