Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weekends are tough!

2»

Replies

• kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    its not the weekend factor, its the unhealthy friends factor.

That is so true.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    I find a bunch of errands to do or go for a drive. It is tough because it means being kind of anti-social for a little while. It will be better soon, once eating better becomes a habit or a way of life.
  • badshocker
    badshocker Posts: 6
    The friends thing is VERY true. It gets better, hang in there.
  • BibiFit03
    BibiFit03 Posts: 38 Member
    No kidding! It's not even 3pm and I've already reached my limit for calories. And I want to go to a bbq and drink beer tonight :(
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Weekends ARE hard, and sometimes family makes it hard to stick to your plan. Hubby and the kids ordered pizza last weekend--I was good, I ordered an antipasto salad and did not TOUCH the pizza. My 6 year old constantly wants to go out to eat on the way HOME from the gym. The trainer was laughing at me last week--my son was asking for Burger King and I asked him if he was trying to kill me ( My stomach does not like BK even though I love the way it tastes).

Next weekend we are planning on going to volunteer at a local event. The food available is NOT generally healthy--mostly deep fried stuff and grilled burgers. I am planning on taking a small cooler of things like pre-bagged salad, lunch meat, cheese, crackers, individual cups of peanut butter, berries, etc
  • Doreent11
    Doreent11 Posts: 17
    Hi Kaythy,

I find setting gentle limits with others who want to use food to show their love is the best bet. Ask for a single slice (or 2) and then eat only what you think is what you should have 3-4 oz of meat. Another thought is to just leave it and ask to take the rest home for another meal.

Good luck,
    A mom and daughter too
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    i feel the same way. my weekend is thursday and friday. it's so much harder for me to not want to sit in my apartment and cuddel up and eat carbs. Because when i'm at work I make sure I bring healthy food, and have less chance of overeating. its is real hard, i'd like to know what to do. Usually I go out, exercise, and keep myself busy. Then I think aobut food less.
  • jenniebee19
    jenniebee19 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm 1,200 weekday and I up to 1,600 weekends. This way mg metabolism doesn't get stuck in a rut
    so far so good. I cheat but still try to make smart decisions. And if I didn't meet my calories (especially exercise one) I'll carry them over to the weekend. More incentive to exercise lol