95 lbs down - the last mile

Options
kris4chloe
kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
Was going to wait until I have been here one year and share what I am hoping will be my final after picture, but have been getting so many compliments as of late that I wanted to share my journey so far.

I was always very thin as a teenager and was as low as a size 3/5 but had to starve and exercise like crazy to maintain that, my body naturally sits around a 10/11 otherwise.

I have been holding onto over 100 lbs for most of my adult life since my first child was born in 1995. I have gone up and down with my weight and lost good chunks of weight doing weight watchers and various other "diets" for the past 16 years but it never stays off. I have had five pregnancies in total and did good keeping my weight in check during the pregnancy but would always end up weighing more then when I went into labor. Looking through my photos to find before and afters I could really see my weight fluctuating up and down over the years but I haven't been below 200 lbs since before the birth of my third child in 2001.

Here is a pic of me during my fifth pregnancy (which is the only thing I could find at my heaviest weight, i never allowed full body shots, thought i was being good about hiding it, isn't it funny how we fool ourselves?)

25rgsns.jpg

Another photo from what I guess is my highest, my friend shared this with me when I first re-started my journey.

2wqu0cn.jpg

In Sept of 2010 I was so tired, my knees hurt, my back hurt, I had no energy, I could barely make it through the day and with five kids that is not something you want to deal with. My friend was doing Atkins and I gave it a try. I took off 35 pounds pretty quickly and was feeling good but then it would not come off anymore after that, so I maintained that for an entire year fluctuating up and down about 5 lbs. In Sept of 2011 I decided it was time to get serious and actually started learning about nutrition. I joined MFP and started logging my calories meticulously and started a spreadsheet where I could see weight trends etc.

This before picture is after 35 lbs down and at my 20 year high school reunion where I was feeling pretty good about myself. Funny thing is it was seeing these pictures after the reunion that motivated me to restart my weight loss.

The after was taken just a few days ago. I have at least another 20 lbs to go possibly 30, but right now I am so excited. I am wearing size 10's and for the first time in years I way almost the same as my very thin husband. I am shopping for swimsuits and cute tops and I love shopping again, it is no longer a chore.

zjwbww.jpg

I hope this is motivation for others out there with the daunting task of over 100 lbs to lose, never in my wildest dreams did I think I could do it, and I am such a different person for it. I LOVE to eat healthy and exercise and that is a complete shock to me. I always did it before until I lost the weight, but now I know this is how I want to be the rest of my life. To be there for my kids and future grand kids.

Replies

• kris4chloe
    Options
    ugh, pretty sure I was doing the photos right, not sure why it is not showing up

ok board didn't like photobucket, so changed it to tinypic and they are showing now. :)
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    so impressive!
  • paulyfred
    paulyfred Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should be so proud. You look absolutely wonderful and much younger. Great job!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You look so happy! The change is truly amazing, great work! :flowerforyou:
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible! Congrats!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    WOW! That pretty much sums it up. You look amazing:smile: You truly are an inspiration and proof that anything is possible.
    And the feeling that you're lighter than thee husband..I so know the feeling and you should be very proud of where you're at right now...keep it up.

p.s
    please share what kind of workouts you're doing:smile:
    :drinker:
  • kris4chloe
    Options

p.s
    please share what kind of workouts you're doing:smile:
    :drinker:

i do cardio 6 days a week, either eliptical (HIIT training at high resistance) or jogging/walking outside (started off walking, building up my endurance to jog longer) at least 30 minutes but up to an hour.

I do strength training 3-4 days a week alternating upper and lower lifting pretty heavy (dont waste my time doing light weights). i work with a trainer once a week and she really pushes me.

I just started JM 30 day shred today and will be doing that in addition to what I am doing above hoping to reshape the bottom half more.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a journey...good for you!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Staggering! You look so good. Well done
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Woot! Awesome job!! You look absolutely stunning and young. Hard work and dedication DO pay off.

Wishing you the best on the bottom half tone up. The only thing that has worked for me in that department has been lifting weights. I have terrible genes when it comes to that..lol.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Wow! Terrific transformation! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I stand in awe and applaud. Sending you a friend request. I could use your inspiration
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    You're awesome and I hope you know it:drinker:
    Congrats again on your success...YOU TRULY ARE AN INSPIRATION
  • shellie1206
    shellie1206 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WOW.. Nicely done. You look soo much younger.. CONGRATS :)
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!
  • blndy26
    blndy26 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well done u look fab.
    Did u have to adjust calorie intake ur self as the weight came off or did mfp automatically do it I'm new to this been just over a week now and lil confused
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look great - so beautiful!! Congrats on your accomplishments.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    oh wow
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely amazing! congrats on your success. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!