Help!! I need YOGA Help!!!

nafroese
nafroese Posts: 122 Member
Okay so I don't know anything about yoga at all. I am part of a challenge right now that is asking us to try to do yoga 3 times this week. I have always associated yoga with not a lot of a burn but I did the biggest loser yoga and that was a hard workout! However, at the end of that yoga video there is about a 5-8 minute sequence of really great relaxation and calming yoga and i was wondering if any of you have a really great relaxation yoga tape that you would reccommend? or a certain app on itunes that you have found useful or a podcast! I really enjoyed the relaxation yoga and would like to do more of it to help balance me at the end of the day!

Replies

• Crunch Candlelight Yoga available on demand on Netflix is a good one.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Crunch Candlelight Yoga available on demand on Netflix is a good one.

Yup. It's great stress relief.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    My yoga teacher taught us a relaxation excersize where you lay on your back and start at your head. You inhale and imagine it raising. When you exhale, you imagine it dropping. You start at your head and do each body part till you get to your feet, then work back to your head.

I mainly do this in bed before sleep because any attempt at meditation in the living room leads my zoo of animals to think I am dead and they have to come check on me. My 19 lb dog taking a flying leap from the couch to my stomach was not so pleasant
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    I found a bunch of stuff on youtube-- here's one workout, and there's a bunch on the side too that will likely fit the bill. Check some of these out, and then from there you can see what you like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0pZUjXGq8w&feature=fvwrel
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    I agree with the Crunch Candlelight Yoga. It is led by Sara Ivanhoe (sp?) she is great and anything by her is worth a shot. She leads Yoga for Dummies, which I secretly really like.
  • I was surprised that I liked Pilates for Dummies. The instruction was succinct and clear and each exercise could be done separately which allows the user to pick and choose which ones to do. If the yoga one is made the same way, i can understand why you like it.