30 day shred - weights

Options
I am debating whether to buy 30 day shred, been looking at others results and I'm so tempted to just buy it.

I want to know though, do I need to buy some hand weights/dumbells? If so, what weight do people recommend I buy?

Replies

• Jackolina85
    Jackolina85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would buy weights if I were you. There are strength exercises in the DVD, so you'll need them. I have 4 lb weights. You can start lighter though.
  • sahrajane5
    sahrajane5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use a tin of sliced peaches and a tin of chopped tomatoes ^_^"
    It's amazing how heavy they can feel after 30 seconds!

I definitely need to buy something heavier though, but if you're just beginning and don't want to hold out the workout- raid your larder!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you both :)
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You can fill water bottles with sand and adjust the weight to suit your needs. I did that a few years ago, and it worked really well. Light hands weights, the kind you need for 30DS are pretty cheap as well.
  • marie_8888
    marie_8888 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All 3 videos are on youtube if you want to take a look... I use water bottle and it works just fine. I started with small ones now I use 1.5L ones
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am buying 30 day shred tomorrow!! So my 5 lb weights will work just fine? Thank you!
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started out with 3lb hand weights and use those for the hard moves and use 5 lb weights for the easier moves to challenge myself.