Anyone else recovering from a binge?

Options
I did it again!! Last night I purposely ate a very small dinner because I had a big lunch and I knew I was going to have a few drinks. Obviously didn't get enough nutrition, which set off a binge. I had a cheeseburger with fries when I was out last night, then came home and binged on the remainder of my mom's birthday cake. Ended up having 3,243 calories for the day. It could have been a lot worse, but I stopped myself.

I know that I should just move on. I'm just worried that it counteracted all my hard work from the rest of the week. I've been eating 1,500-1,800 calories per day and exercising. I feel so fat and guilty. I know it already happened and I just need to forget about it and continue to be healthy, but when will the binges ever end? I have BED.

Just wanted to vent a little bit. I think I'm just looking for validation that it's okay and I just need to move on. I know that today I should do some hardcore cardio, but all I reallly want to do is go for a long walk.

Thanks for the support :)

Replies

• Beezer322
    Beezer322 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is move on and learn from it. Biologically it is actually impossible to gain weight from ONE binge. You might gain the next day, but it's most likely more water retention and bloating from the salt intake and stuff. You're only going to gain weight if you were to make this a habbit.

I know it's difficult to deal witht he next day both emotionially and physically! hang in there and just try to get back on track :)
  • mommamindi
    mommamindi Posts: 273
    Options
    I am not recovering from a Binge persay...I disappeared from MFP. I ate and ate and ate. I do it when I get stressed. I havent been logging for well over a month. Today I decided to get off my butt and work out, which led to eating better. It IS okay. If you need a friend you can add me. I am not perfect, but I am trying :)
  • BellaBumbles
    Options
    I totally know how you feel! I went out to dinner with a friend and we decided to eat healthy food... until we got there and saw the menu! 4,500 calories later I wanted to invent a time machine and never have gone into that place! It takes a few days to recover from such a large consumption, but you do recover, and move on just as steadily as you were before. (assuming binges arent a habit for you.) Let yourself off the hook, things happen, thats life. Just move forward and do your best. Good luck for the future!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes. I got very upset yesterday and ate a candy bar... and then another one.. and then figured I'd already screwed up so I stopped at a drive through on the way home and ate garbage. I feel awful about it. But we must move on!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Yes I was eating terribly (in the 2500+ range) and today I was going to stop but I just ordered a medium pizza :(
  • SkrillexAsh
    SkrillexAsh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I binged last night!! we were camping and i got drunk and ate a ton of smore's and.. i am so embarassed to say this but i ate two big hot dogs haha.. i haven't ate beef in 3 years!! stupid alchohol... my stomach is so mad at me today..