I still am losing!

Options
So I've been on this journey since September 9th and I have already lost 10.2 lbs. Today I hit the 10 lb mark and am so excited! I have tried to get out of the 270's for almost a year now and I couldn't break it. That dumb scale wanted me at 270 :noway: Well last week I broke the 270's and now I'm almost to break the 260's. This site is awesome it keeps me completely accountable for everything I put in my mouth and the things I am thinking about eating. I have had a 1 oz bag of doritos which I used to love and realize they are actually pretty nasty tasting now! I am loving my breakfast protein shakes and fresh fruits and veggies for snacks!

Yesterday a girl that I work with actually noticed the weight loss. That made my day! I am still waiting for hubby to notice the weight loss. Today I'm going to get a before pic taken because I can tell that this is a change of life that is easy and I know I can stick with it this time. I have a lot of weight to lose but I don't feel as though I am dieting and it is actually working for me! :happy:

Replies

• shinybonnie
    Options
    Congratulations! This is so exciting! Keep up the good work
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Gratz! It is possible, you're proof of that! And you're exactly right, it is a change of lifestyle - and it's not horribly hard! You're doing great!
  • JJ48Fan
    JJ48Fan Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks you guys next weeek I start my exercise routine so I can't wait to see the inches go away too :)
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    It's hard for your spouses to notice unless its something really drastic because they see you all the time. My husband is proud of me but because he is watching me lose weight he doesn't see the drastic changes that everyone else sees unless he looks at pictures

Keep up the good work in losing weight
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a girl that I work with actually noticed the weight loss. That made my day! I am still waiting for hubby to notice the weight loss. Today I'm going to get a before pic taken because I can tell that this is a change of life that is easy and I know I can stick with it this time. I have a lot of weight to lose but I don't feel as though I am dieting and it is actually working for me! :happy:
    [/quote]

Congratulations, you're doing awesome! :flowerforyou: Sounds like you've learned what everyone else learns too when they come here, MFP really DOES WORK, and IS also pretty easy to stick with! :smile:
    The main reason that I have managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is that I HAVE been able to eat "real" food every now and then. Through MFP I learned that I just need to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time.)
    Before coming here, I tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, (TWICE) but nothing really worked. I always felt deprived of all the "good stuff" out there, and therefore, could only last just so long, and then I'd cave and be right back to eating all the "goodies" I wanted.
    But then I came here, and started my new "lifestyle change", and as long as I "work with my numbers", I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade icecream!
    Keep up the great job you're doing, and before you know it, you WILL have lost all the weight that you wanted to lose! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!