Advocare??? Any thoughts?

Options
Frogs27
Frogs27 Posts: 5 Member
I have a girlfriend back home doing this and loves the 24 day challenge. But looking at do you ever really eat real food or is just a bunch of shakes and supplaments? I don't want to falsely loose weight with pills then once your off it gain it all back? Has anyone done this or knows anything on it?

Replies

• tarahlynnwest
    Options
    I have done the 24 day challenge, and it is what jump started my weight loss. It is the best program I have ever tried. They have shakes and supplements, but you don't have to take them. The first ten days is a cleanse. It really isn't that bad, and it is very do-able. You always are eating real food. You learn to eat fresh, clean foods, and how to get away from processed and sugar filled foods. I highly recommend this program. I have been using Advocare products for the past 5 months, and I have lost 39 pounds so far and have done the 24 day challenge twice. :)
  • realtreegirl
    realtreegirl Posts: 101
    Options
    I have a few friends here who a few days ago just started the 24 day Advocare challenge and One of the teachers here Nicole, is a distributer and also uses Advocare. They all say that since using Advocare they have so much more energy, are losing weight and just feel so much more alert and have a sense of wellness! Nicole gave me two samples of the Spark energy drink and I tried one and wow I am amazed at how alert and energized I felt! So today I ordered my 24 day Advocare Challange!! I am sooo excited to start this. The nice thing is there is no counting calories, (which I still will cuz its a habit), you still exercise 4-5 days a week but it's just limiting bad foods, eating way more fruits, veggies, and lean protein which I need to start doing anyways and taking the Metabolic Nutrition System packets and the Spark energy drink when needed. Advocare also has meal replacement shakes, snack bars, Different kinds of vitamins, and Muscle gain shakes. www.advocare.com/12045817
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    I am on day 17 of the 24 day challenge and I have loved every minute of it. I do see a difference in energy levels for sure! I am 36 and a stay at home mom and was walking around the house just trying to motivate myself. Now it seems like I never stop doing anything. The best part is that the products don't raise you blood sugar level they are packed of vitamins etc that help you safely raise your energy and not giving you highs and lows. I am excited and did become a distributor because I want to stay on the products, so I might as well get the discount. Plus I have a few people already asking and I would love to keep spreading the word and help other people get healthy and raise their energy levels. It's definitely worth a try, I am totally convinced! The schedule that comes along with it too helps so much, there is no way to screw it up and you really learn to eat better and to keep your body fueled all day with the correct foods and not "sugar highs" etc. They say by doing it for 24 days it helps get your body into new habits and past the cravings we have so when done you shouldn't want all the bad things as much. I thought I would have a hard time giving up salt and sugar and really there have only been a few times I have wanted that cookie (watching my kids eat it), but having already lost 8 pounds in 17 days....it's not worth it. Hope that helps!!
  • brandelynh
    brandelynh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started my 24 Day Challenge today after talking to my cousin who both uses and distributes the products. I bought the program almost entirely based on her pictures and one conversation with her. Like me, she's struggled with her weight most of her life, already eats pretty healthy, and a fitness program is part of her lifestyle. Yet, losing the weight is an anomoly.
    I got my box Monday and we talked again last night to iron out a few details.
    I started today with the Spark and Catalyst...already to move along with the Fiber Drink.
    I'm already feeling more focused and alert. I even got to work EARLY...30 seconds!!! (LOL)
    I'm really excited about my Challenge and hope to see at least a good 10lbs come off. My cousin lost 20lbs and inches all over during her challenge and she continued working out with her trainer as she had done before the challenge. I workout on my own doing step aerobics, jogging, and an Insanity and Brazilian Butt Lift DVD 2 times a week.
    It's time for my Fiber Shake and 10am 5min. walk!
    I'll update once my 10day cleanse is complete!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is a distributor. I know several people that lost a good amount of weight on the program. But, after a while, I guess old habits slipped back in and they gained it back.

I tried the 10 day "cleanse" a while back out of curiosity, and I didn't feel any different, nor did I lose any more weight than I have with 10 days of eating right and exercising. The fiber drinks are terrible!

I guess it's not a terrible program... but I think you'd get the same results with a good clean(ish) diet and exercise. You don't really need all of the extra supplements they are selling.

It's not harmful, like some programs, and it probably works, but it seems that its more about what you eat and how much you work out, which you could do without giving advocare all of your money.

Now, they do make supplement programs for those trying to gain weight by lifting and such, and I know people who use and love that.. but I have no experience with it.
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    That is one thing I do like about Advocare is that they do promote a healthy lifestyle more than the miracle fix. Nothing is a miracle fix, but this is what it took is for me to follow their program and teaching me or me feeling obligated to following along and eating better. I do agree anyone can do these things on their own, eat clean, feel better, exercise and lose weight. I guess this is just the kick in the pants I needed and my energy has really changed. Even when I was just doing workouts at home and eating "better" my motivation seemed very sporatic. I love the spark and don't mind taking most of the supplements that come along with it. I feel better overall, due to me or Advocare....I don't care! hahaha. j/k....no really just glad to be getting on track. I lost 6 pounds alone on the cleanse and my waist lost inches....I am sure lots to do with the food, but it made me more regular and the bloating is gone also. Who knows....it's really about what works for each person. Anything you do is more about a lifestyle, lifelong change or challenge.
  • chrissyboyd816
    chrissyboyd816 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my kit and came across this thread! I will be starting it as soon as it arrives, hopefully by mid week. If any of you would like to help each other out with support, encouragement questions etc please feel free to add me so we can get to know each other. I am so excited to get to feeling better. I am a SAHM with 2 little boys who run me to death, lol...I'm only 30 but I feel 50. I'm not overweight, just unhealthy and ready to feel good again.
  • kmks2
    kmks2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 18 of the 24 day challeneng. my advisor at first only gave me a print out with general eating suggestiosn -eat small meals 5-6x/day, low carbds, low fat, i have been mostly good-tracking what I eat at about 1200-1500 per day. Some excercis most days-oten just walking3 miles. I have lost no weight. I feel hungry perhaps because low carb low fat and high protein. any suggestions? did i waste my money?