Breakfast on the go ideas....?

Options
I hate to admit it, but I'm one of those sleep as long as I can and rush out the door kind of people. I barely have time for my coffee in the a.m. A former dietitian once told me I should have something right away to kick start my metabolism, so I always makes sure I get some coffee or juice in me right away in the morning, but I would really like to be able to have a real breakfast so that I don't have the lunch time "starving" feeling. Fruit just seems to leave me hungry. I'm going to start getting up earlier (I'm going to try, really) but I'm looking for quick things that I can eat in the morning that can be taken on the go if need be. Suggestions?

Replies

• wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Hard boil some eggs at the beginning of the week.
    Yogurts (esp. Greek)
    Fruit
    Toast

Make a combination and try to include 3 food groups. A piece of toast with a hard boiled egg and a small orange. A plain yogurt with some blueberries and raw oats.

All take only a minute to pack and then can be eaten at work.

There are always bars, too. I keep some Cliff and Luna as back ups if I know I'm going to go for a while w/o food. But they could make an ok breakfast, too.
  • livejaz
    livejaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A smoothie and 1 or two slices of toast. One of the smoothies I make has

1 cup of dole frozen blueberries
    1 cup of dole frozen sliced strawberries
    1 banana
    a small piece of ginger root
    tbsp of lemon juice
    tbsp of lime juice
    2 oz aloe vera juice
    3 oz baby cut carrots
    1/2 cup of apple or pomegranate juice
    .5- 1.5 cup of water, depends on how thin or thick you want it

Makes about 32-40 oz

I have 16 oz for breakfast and if I want a mid morning snack I sip on another 16 oz until lunch. If I am really hungry I have plain toast with the smoothie.
  • beachlover718
    Options
    I make my breakfast and lunch on weekdays the night before so it's all ready to go. I LOVE peanutbutter so I sometimes have PB on WW rye bread and an apple. (takes me back to my school lunches, and keeps me pretty full)
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I always drink a low calories low carb protein shake. Hyvee have a good one made by NNW that's cheap.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake for breakfast. Super easy to shake a scoop into some water and you can drink it on the go. For my hubby I have made him some egg cups. Spray a muffin tin well with non stick spray and then pour in beaten eggs and toppings like meat, veggies, or a little cheese. Bake until the eggs are cooked through and then you can portion them into containers and grab them for a quick microwavable breakfast.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    smoothies are a good idea. I also make my eggs the day before, I put egg whites with vegetable, a little cheese and cook it the morning after in the microwave at work. It works for me.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I usually have bars..or a cup of dry cereal in a baggie...and definetely fruit !
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Can you buy Belvita Breakfast Biscuits where you live? We've just had them introduced here in aus and although i haven't tried them personally, i work casual at a supermarket checkout and my customers rave about them :|. each box has 6 individual packs of 4 biscuits. 230 cal for the 4 biscuit serving, high in fibre, 5 wholegrains and low G.I.