NSV Bikini

Options
42kgirl
42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
I got my bikini in the mail yesterday and our country club pool opened today. I wore it and nobody ran away screaming that I'd burned their retinas with my fatness! I was a bit self conscious about my belly, but since I am a 34DD nobody was looking at that!

Replies

• 42kgirl
    Options
    bump
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    My concern in wearing a bikini is not people running from my fatness, it's blinding people with my snowy whiteness:) I'm sure you look great!
  • 42kgirl
    Options
    Hahahaha!!!!
  • me525
    Options
    Seriously though, I hope the beach resort I'm going to in Florida doesn't ban me from poolside/beach......... I'm like dayglow white..... a curse of being Irish:grumble:
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    From one Irish to another I certainly feel your pain. Thats the reason I wont wear a bikini!!
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Very brave!

My whiteness is also why I wont wear a bikini when I reach my goal weight. I refuse to tan and always wear a high spf sunblock because I burn easily.
  • Doreent11
    Doreent11 Posts: 17
    Options
    oh be kind to yourself, and keep working.:flowerforyou:
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My concern in wearing a bikini is not people running from my fatness, it's blinding people with my snowy whiteness:) I'm sure you look great!

lol. I can relate!!! Not only is my skin ghost white (I'm a redhead), but I still have the marks of a really bad sunburn I got while on a trip to Indonesia this past February. Here's the kicker: I was wearing a bikini with a rash shirt (I was snorkeling), so the sunburn was on my back from just above my bikini bottom all the way down to my knees. So yes, even now 3 months later, I can clearly see the marks of my bikini bottom from the back. Like permanent white underwear! ha!ha!

But back to the purpose of this post: OP, I'm sure you rocked that bikini!! I'm happy for you.
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    I feel so much better now...I'm soooo white and part irish. LOL. they call me white out at work. I thought about doing a spray tan...but then again it might look a little wierd on me....never been tan before.
  • me525
    Options
    Y'all are cracking me up! I am also a red head and do not tan. I had a very bad burn when I was 7 (my mother tans so she's not sun savy), and my nickname from 6th grade to graduation was Casper. I'm afraid a sray tan would look horrible so I don't bother. My brother once said I'd be a nice shade of brown if I just tattooed all my freckles together! (of course he can tan too). I just wish I had a body to put in a bikini, that's what I'm working on and I will work it in all my whiteness when I get there!

KEEP IT UP LADIES, YOU ALL ROCK!:happy:
  • 42kgirl
    Options
    At least I can tan my fat! I am quite fair, but tan easily. My tummy didn't see much sun due to the giant boob shadow.
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    With out pictures it does not help us.
    Good job on the bikini. :D
  • mekhetling
    mekhetling Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done on having the guts to go out in a bikini, OP!! :D I'm sure you looked awesome!

As for all the pale people on this thread... I'm pale and proud :) Just because it's currently fashionable to be tanned doesn't mean you shouldn't embrace being alabaster. Not too long ago fairer skin was considered much more attractive than being darker :) There are plenty of people who think fair skin is just as lovely ;) It's a bit of a mind-set change, but you may well be happier for it! If all else fails, pretend to be Liv Tyler or Rose McGowan :P

<3
  • 42kgirl
    Options
    Well done on having the guts to go out in a bikini, OP!! :D I'm sure you looked awesome!

As for all the pale people on this thread... I'm pale and proud :) Just because it's currently fashionable to be tanned doesn't mean you shouldn't embrace being alabaster. Not too long ago fairer skin was considered much more attractive than being darker :) There are plenty of people who think fair skin is just as lovely ;) It's a bit of a mind-set change, but you may well be happier for it! If all else fails, pretend to be Liv Tyler or Rose McGowan :P

<3
    I agree. I don't tan in the winter and I don't get in the sun bed in spring to get ready for summer. I happen to tan easily when I'm in the sun, which is a lot during summer. I never get super dark, just brown and I use sunscreen every day. Then again, I don't actually care what anyone else thinks about my skin.
  • me525
    Options

<3

Ditto! I like to joke that I was pale before Vampires made it cool:wink: It also doesn't hurt to see girls my age who look 10yrs older because they feel that being tanned (or sometimes umpa loompa orange) is the way to go. And you're right, people used to use horrible thick make up just to appear snowy white, and we get it honest:happy:
  • mekhetling
    mekhetling Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I like to joke that I was pale before Vampires made it cool:wink:

Hehe I dig that ^_^
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options

^^Me too! Even in the summer I run with pants on because my legs are so very white!

Great job OP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!