Ladies! Help with something embarrassing!

Options

Replies

• FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    You're husband should not think its funny, but rather an invitation.
    My $.02

Oh, he does ;)
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    I just realized!

Know where I can get slimming ladies pants with a men's crotch?

HOT TOPIC!

....which is sad, really....
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    OMG I just spit out my water reading this post LOL I'm sorry but theres nothing wrong with a little camel toe

I should take a picture of it. I actually had to edit all my progress pics cause as soon as I saw them my eyes went straight down HELLO THERE YOU ARE!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Makes sense you guys are saying to get pants with a bigger crotch, I suppose... Up until the last year or so I've always only worn men's pants which do have a significantly larger crotch. But I'm thin now, I wanna be beautiful too! So I need women's pants with a men's style crotch right? I tailor could do that surely?

Umm....no. You just need women's pants that fit properly. Set aside some time to go try on different styles, especially the curvy ones suggested above. Express makes curvy pants that work well for hippy ladies. Good luck!

This.
  • FrostyFour
    Options

Makes sense you guys are saying to get pants with a bigger crotch, I suppose... Up until the last year or so I've always only worn men's pants which do have a significantly larger crotch. But I'm thin now, I wanna be beautiful too! So I need women's pants with a men's style crotch right? I tailor could do that surely?

Umm....no. You just need women's pants that fit properly. Set aside some time to go try on different styles, especially the curvy ones suggested above. Express makes curvy pants that work well for hippy ladies. Good luck!

This.

I've heard the name thrown around a bit but never looked. I just did. I like the way they look!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    IMHO, Levi's 529 Curvy cut are outstanding for women with a smaller waist and larger bums. They have a really long rise also. I have tall hips as well, so I have to get high waist pants to avoid the cameltoe.

JCPenney also carries a line of curvy cut work/dress pants in their Worthington line. They come in plus and regular sizes, and they usually run $25-$40. They have lots of room in the butt and a nice long rise also.

Gap makes decent curvy cut pants also. Although my last pair of Gap curvy cut jeans got worn out too quickly for the price.

What you want to look for are higher rise pants (not low rise or mid rise) and jeans that are cut so that the hips are roomier. These will be labeled usually as "classic" cut. If you have long hip bones, it won't look "grandmotherish" on you like it would on someone with normal hipbones.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I use a panty liner. I had mine when I had my beer belly. I was so classy. Beer belly and camel toe. Stockton CA chic.
    Google Stockton CA....:laugh:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I just realized!

Know where I can get slimming ladies pants with a men's crotch?

HOT TOPIC!

....which is sad, really....

Hahaha! Sad, but true.
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    well you need to get different pants that aren't so tight they go up the cooch...

I have my own camel toe lol I made my husband do this for me when I was at my heaviest because all you heard guys talk about is "did you see that camel toe" wth so I got my own! LOL

mycameltoe.jpg
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wear good fitting trousers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    Buy pants that fit. The only reason you would have that problem is that the pants are too short through the rise and too tight.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You just gave me the biggest giggle! Thank you!
    I had a conversation about those 'toes' once with my husband. He says that guys love them. Because they are so 'suggestive'. You get the drift.

I had a couple of slacks that did that to me once. I gave them away. That is what prompted the talk with hubby about it. He was disappointed. But it was uncomfortable and I did not like the other feeling of knowing people were staring at my 'toes'.

When I moaned about it to a friend of mine, she told me she had that issue herself and gave me a suggestion to think about if I continued to have 'toes'.

She said she looked a bit and found that low rise men's trousers helped. They are cut looser in the 'toe' area and she said the low rise did not make her look like she was wearing men's britches. She had denim, dockers, and dress pants too.

It might be worth a try! Good luck. Really. :wink:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I use a panty liner. I had mine when I had my beer belly. I was so classy. Beer belly and camel toe. Stockton CA chic.

this ^^^^ But I was going to go with a paper cup, torn to cover said dromedary protrusion.
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

this ^^^^ But I was going to go with a paper cup, torn to cover said dromedary protrusion.

Us girls like those protrusions like all yall men like the camel toe :P
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Sport it proudly...it could have been a moose knuckle. Not that I'm opposed to either, mind you.

There are worse places to...fluff up. Sorry. I'm terrible at euphemisms.

Best of luck!
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    Buy pants with thicker fabric? I've never had this problem because I usually wear jeans or thicker cotton pants. And I don't buy anything that fits too tight.
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    You just gave me the biggest giggle! Thank you!
    I had a conversation about those 'toes' once with my husband. He says that guys love them. Because they are so 'suggestive'. You get the drift.

I had a couple of slacks that did that to me once. I gave them away. That is what prompted the talk with hubby about it. He was disappointed. But it was uncomfortable and I did not like the other feeling of knowing people were staring at my 'toes'.

When I moaned about it to a friend of mine, she told me she had that issue herself and gave me a suggestion to think about if I continued to have 'toes'.

She said she looked a bit and found that low rise men's trousers helped. They are cut looser in the 'toe' area and she said the low rise did not make her look like she was wearing men's britches. She had denim, dockers, and dress pants too.

It might be worth a try! Good luck. Really. :wink:

Hey, I like this idea. I've been really looking forward to being able to wear low rise pants and I'd feel JIPPED if I couldn't just because of my INSANE CROTCH ADVERTISING.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Cameltoe is from ill fitting pants, namely pants that are too tight in the hips and pulled up too high. Buy a size bigger and take them to a tailor to have the waist taken in to the proper size, and make sure the waist drop is long (look for classic or curvy cuts)

***** this! bigger pants!
  • imsomony
    imsomony Posts: 18 Member
    Options

It's actually one of the reasons I use tampons instead of a panty liner... my crotch is a black hole, it just sucks everything in! (Yeah, I said it...)

Do you wear men's pants because they're comfy and you like the fit, or because of the extra weight? If it's because of the fit, keep buying them and have a tailor form them to your body so you get your womanly shape back without sacrificing comfort. A good tailor can make magic happen, I promise... at a size 13/14 (US) with a 30-inch inseam, I would be a wreck without mine.

If you've been wearing them because of the weight... then yeah, I agree with everyone else, time to go shopping and looking for a new fit and a new size. Don't concern yourself with the number (I have a conspiracy theory about this that's better saved for another time), just look for comfort and that your CT is reduced or non-existent. You can always cut the tag out *wink*

If you like denim, I can't say enough good things about Levis. They have a ton of styles for just about every body type imaginable, and I find them to be very true to size (unless they were manufactured in South America, for some reason). Just find a store and spend an hour trying on all the different styles, and one of them will certainly have you ooh-la-la-ing yourself in the dressing room mirror.
  • TamTamW
    TamTamW Posts: 27
    Options
    Frosty, you are such a great sport for such an embarrassing issue. This thread has been quite comical. I never knew that there was such a real issue. I always found that when people have camel toe, it is because their pants were too friggin tight. I hope you find a solution to your "toe"tally personal problem. Thanks for having the confidence in MFP to ask. :-)