Working out right when you wake up

Options
13»

Replies

• imsomony
    imsomony Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If I don't wake up first thing in the morning and workout, I WILL NOT DO IT!!!! It starts my day of really well. Getting out of bed at 4:30 a.m. is a total *****, but it's worth it.

Ditto.

If I wait, even half an hour, I'll find an excuse not to do it... ESPECIALLY after work, I'll go out of my way to create other things to do besides exercise. Weekends were a real bummer until I got a dog, plus now a friend is also interested in hittin' the gym with me.

As an aside... I'm absolutely NOT a morning person, and I'm whole-heartedly a night owl. I find that working out in the AM puts me in a better mood for the rest of the day, while working out at night keeps me awake for hours on end. This happen to anyone else? The insomnia thing, not the endorphin thing, haha.
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    I work out in the morning after waking up, in the afternoon to early evening, then before I go to bed. I think that may be overkill, but I REALLY want my abs back.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I tried exercising when early in the morning before the kids get up but I just can't! I stumble all over, have bad form and all that stuff. I usually get up, get a shower, get coffee, get the kids up.....
  • yorkshirestyles
    Options
    Sorry im just going off what my strength and conditioning coach and nutritionist have told me who help me drop weight for many boxing bouts and they have always told me never to fast as you need to fuel your metabolism from the get go.
  • vrutwind
    vrutwind Posts: 25
    Options
    If I don't work out early in the morning, I probably won't make it to the gym either because I end up working late OR I leave work at a decent hour and then just feel lazy! I do have to eat about 100 calories though and then I wait 30 mins before hitting the gym otherwise I don't have enough energy for my workouts.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry im just going off what my strength and conditioning coach and nutritionist have told me who help me drop weight for many boxing bouts and they have always told me never to fast as you need to fuel your metabolism from the get go.

Thats the thing though - that advice was for your individual circumstance because they have your information right there in front of you.

My Endo and Personal Trainer who collaborate together advised me differently for me on my individual health and situation. I wouldnt recommend it for others because its similar to a prescription and care advisement.
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am always driving around in my car for work, so my morning hours are typically spent frantically printing out reports, getting ready and rushing out the door. I am not the best morning person. So, once I get done with my day about mid afternoon I just mosey on over to the gym and do my workouts then.

However on Sunday I woke up at 7 am and could not fall back asleep, so I decided to just go to the gym and work out (a very strange decision considering my passion for the gym was at -500 3 months ago)...and I freaking LOVED it. It felt so good to kick off my day with a good workout! But...I do love my end of the work day gym visits too, because sometimes I have some frustrations that I need to kick out. So I am considering waking up a bit earlier in the mornings (shudder) and doing a workout then, and then finishing my day with strength training or a little cardio.
  • sarahhamer1992
    Options
    i make too many excuses not to exercise at night.. maybe i should try waking up a bit earlier to exercise
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I prefer working out in the morning as the first thing...Then I won't end up not doing it with all kinds of excuses...
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    being half asleep makes it go faster. i do about a third of my workout before breakfast.