Low fat snacks?

Options
I need snacks that I can eat that won't send me screaming over my limit. Can any help me please?

Replies

• kburdette88
    Options
    I don't know, but I would love an answer too :) I did just have baby carrots with one tlbs of buttermilk ranch! It was delicous and under 100 calories :)
  • TNTrainers
    TNTrainers Posts: 2
    Options
    Walnuts. They have the lowest saturated fat of all nuts/seed, and the highest (best) ratio of omega-3 fats to omega-6 fats.

Green apples. If you chose to use fruit as a snack, stay away from bright colored fruits. Brighter colored fruits are higher in sugar (fructose). For example: Chose green apples (less sweet, more sour =less fructose) over red apples (more sweet=more fructose)

Vegetables, especially green and muddy colored, are your best bet.

I like to use Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness or Naked Green Machine as a snack too. Make sure you only drink 1 serving at a time (8oz.) The smallest bottles they come in have 2 servings. These two drinks contain lots of Superfood!

If you are looking for protein, I recommend ON Gold Standard whey. Contains only 3g of carbs, has 24g of protein per serving, and mixes better than any other protein. Stay away from soy protein! Soy will raise estrogen levels 4 times the normal amount and promote fat storage!

Hope this helps!

-Danny
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how "low cal" you're looking for, but you should try Quaker's Rice Snacks. They TOTALLY fulfill my desire for chips and it's under about 130 cals per serving of 18 pieces.
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you like crunchy snacks try Kellogg's cracker chips there awesome and about 110 calories per serving! :smile:
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    Chocolate milk!
    Made with skim milk and zero sugar chocolate syrup.
    Fills me up, and fixes my sweet tooth
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    if it is somthing sweet you want, Skinny cow, my wife loves their chocolates and I love their Ice cream sandwiches. if you want somthing filling, try pretzels, Snyders of hanover, niblets 16 for 120 calories, very filling and salty. Also I love the special K bars, 90 calories and tasty. Well there are a few of my Goto snacks, Good luck
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I like the low-fat mozarella string cheeses. only around 90 calories, and are satisfying with the cheese. I also like the fiber one bars or fruit/banana. anyway, i'm not a big snacker though, but just giving you some ideas.
  • jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    As a human being - that I can only assume wants to be healthy - I can't fathom why you would want to eat low fat snacks, ever.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    My most favorite snack is wholly guacamole 100 calorie packs and sugar snap peas! I eat that a lot. And ummm, I eat it with baby carrots too ;) And I like nuts. Walnuts. Pistachios. Almonds. Wash them down with a mikes hard lemonade. The lemonade actually is low fat.
  • derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I second the nomination for Skinny Cow Ice Cream. I have one ice cream sandwich (140cals) for a snack every night. I was very surprised how large they actually were. I am a huge snacker and I am totally satisfied after just one of these. My favorite is the peanut butter chocolate favor.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Low fat is generally filled with chemicals and other crud.

Try some greek yogurt with a little honey and fruit

Fresh fruit

baby carrots with natural peanut butter

a piece of cheese

almonds

cucumbers with ranch dip made with yogurt
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    why low fat? low fat doesn't equal low cal. Many low fat foods end up being higher in calories to make up for the lost fat.

For lower cal snacks: kalamata olives, string cheese, 1/2 cup full fat yogurt with unsweetened coconut and a 1/2 tbs of honey, nuts, veggies