Breakfast ideas/recipes? Clean eating:)

Options
tashaa1992
tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
I love my breakfast, I'll have a chopped up banana, greek yoghurt, dried fruit and a teaspoon of honey on top but I would like a few more ideas if I ever get bored of this one.
I'm back into clean eating and I have a massive sweet tooth but just fruit doesn't keep my hunger at bay until lunchtime anymore.

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'd like to see what people have to say...
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    During the week I have 1/4 cup rolled oats cooked with 1 cup skim milk, add 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal. On the weekend I usually cook something bigger. Eggs, waffles or pancakes or a breakfast casserole.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes or toast with cream cheese. Look at my diary, it's public =)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Whole grain toast with natural peanut butter on top, or eggs scrambled with veggies! I love to scramble my eggs with avocado, celery, and onion... might sound weird but it's SO GOOD!
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    WELL INSTEAD OF THE HONEY AND DRIED FRUIT.. I LIKE THE VANILLA GREEK YOGURT WITH A TBSP EACH OF OATS, FLAX SEED MEAL, CHOPPED WALNUTS, AND MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS, WITH A SLICED BANANA ON TOP...

OR A GREEN SMOOTHIE.. WITH A 2 HANDFULS OF BABY SPINACH, 1 GREEK VANILLA YOGURT, 1 FROZEN BANANA, 1 TBSP OF NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER, AND A LITTLE STEVIA TO TASTE. BLEND TOGETHER... YUMMY!!

1 SERVING OLD FASHIONED OATMEAL, WITH HALF A SERVING CHOCOLATE PROTEIN POWDER, TBSP OF FLAX MEAL, TBSP, OF NATURAL PB, TBSP OF MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS.. LITTLE DRIZZLE UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK..
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal + cinnamon + cocoa powder + Splenda = heaven. Not sure if you consider Splenda "clean," but you could swap it out with honey.
  • kdiment
    kdiment Posts: 31
    Options
    I love doing 1/2 cup oatmeal with strawberries. I'll add truvia if I really need my sweet fix. Some days I'll do just raisins, and some days I'll do both!

Also, oatmeal with apples and cinnamon!

I'm oatmeal obsessed.

(I'm pretty sure Truvia is considered clean as it is a natural sweetener and not artificial like Splenda, etc., but I'm not entirely sure on that)
  • kmma75
    kmma75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Oats!!!! Seriously!!! I just did a cleanse that limited me many of the foods I like. So every morning I ate this.

I mixed 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/2 cup of oats, added some sliced almonds and cinnamon and you turn it into a pancake. Top with more apple sauce or fruit. You can replace the applesauce in recipe with milk, which is the original recipe, but I couldn't have dairy on my cleanse so I substituted. Its 363 calories and keeps you going right until lunch.

I also have done it with cheese and green onion and topped with salsa, delicious!!!
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i have a ridiculous sweet tooth too so on weekends or days where the cravings are bad, i mix 1/2 cup traditional rolled oats with 1.5 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, liquid stevia (amount equivalent to 3 tsp sugar), tiny splash vanilla essence and just over a cup of water... mix really, really well and microwave for about 4 minutes, stopping it every now and then to stir it. make sure you don't let all the liquid get absorbed in microwave, leave some there because it gets absorbed while cooling down, so by the time you can eat it it's a LOT thicker than when you take it out the microwave and you don't want it stodgey or anything. it tastes like chocolate pudding, keeps me full well into and past lunch time and is 170 calories.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I do a green fruit and veggie smoothie with a flax seed granola bar or whole wheat English muffin, maybe a granny smith Apple with almond butter. For a hot breakfast I like baked apples with oats and cinnamon or steel cut oatmeal but its too hot for that right now. Anything with fiber is good!
  • IssyCP
    IssyCP Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too and all of these recipes/ideas sound great! Thanks for sharing!!

Issy
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Or if I'm being really lazy I eat some of my six month olds pureed bananas or sweet potatoes. It works.
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    Depending on the day, I eat raisin bran, or a slice of bread with a spread of butter and a light drizzle of honey. <
    also a great snack!
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit (pineapple, apple, etc)
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome. I'm looking to replace my current breakfasts too..
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Oats!!!! Seriously!!! I just did a cleanse that limited me many of the foods I like. So every morning I ate this.

I mixed 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/2 cup of oats, added some sliced almonds and cinnamon and you turn it into a pancake. Top with more apple sauce or fruit. You can replace the applesauce in recipe with milk, which is the original recipe, but I couldn't have dairy on my cleanse so I substituted. Its 363 calories and keeps you going right until lunch.

I also have done it with cheese and green onion and topped with salsa, delicious!!!

I'm intrigued by this! How did your cleanse go and what did you do, if you don't mind my asking?
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    On weekends I love Kodiak Cakes with a handfull of blueberries and an egg on top. I use about 1 tsp. of oil for cooking and top it all off with 1TBS maple syrup. It total's about 294 calories. Such a treat. During the week it's usually ww toast with a tbs. of peanut butter and a banana sliced on top.
  • shanndi
    shanndi Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Oatmeal with sugar and 1% milk.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I looovvveee breakfast!

Grilled polenta, egg whites with spinach and feta, and a broiled grapefruit. About 240 calories for all of that, and so filling

Gluten free pancakes with dark chocolate covered goji berries is about 230 calories for two

On weekdays I'll have a quick breakfast like a brown rice cake with unsalted peanut butter, and some strawberries, or yogurt and pumpkin flax granola - each is about 170 calories