10 minute trainer

Options
Saw an ad on TV for the 10 minute trainer - anyone tried this before? Is it as good as it seems?? I work full-time, have 2 kids and am in nursing school - I literally don't have time to go to a gym. Would love to hear from people who have tried it! Thanks!

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I don't have the 10-minute trainer, but I have everything else Tony has done. You really can't go wrong with Tony; he knows his stuff.

Feel free to send me a message with questions! :flowerforyou:
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    10 min trainer helped my huband and I to become active again. I LOVED it....after about a month and a half we found it wasnt enough for us anymore (we were doing 3-4 disks a day) so we moved on to P90X.

It is a great place to start and will make you sore! :bigsmile:
  • tammyca1
    Options
    I have a five year old very active boy and I am in nursing school too so I relate to the no time factor!!
  • blueskiessmiling
    Options
    I have the 10-minute trainer and it's great on those days you have less than a half hour to spare. All the work outs are 10 hard minutes, so you feel like you've really accomplished something afterwards. I love doing a strength training or cardio workout and then yoga or abs (you'll feel those the next day!!!).
    I highly recommend!!
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    I have the 10 min trainer. I like the workouts but I did not feel like I was getting a really good workout. You really need to do at least 2 to 3 of them to get the complete workout. So I did not like having to load and reload it was quicker just to do a 30 min workout. I bought the ChaLEAN extreme and am seeing huge results but I still do use some of the 10 min trainer when I don't have time but I need a workout. If you really don't have time you will get a workout but it may not be what you are use to.
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Oh - but I really love his 10 min Yoga. I am not a yoga fan and I really do enjoy the 10 min I get with the video. I try to do the yoga video every night before I go to bed. I could feel a difference in my muscles and flexibility.
  • tammyca1
    Options
    have the ten minute trainer and p90x and like p90x better
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have tried it, I love it. I it will tone you but most important it will get you doing something and only about 15 minutes with the warmup/colddown and time between exercises.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I liked it, but in reality you have to stack the workouts doing 2 or 3 a day to see results. I am doing P90X now but the time commitment is INSANE... 3x a week it is 72 minutes with the strength/ab workouts, one 1 1/2 long yoga workout, 2 - 55 minute cardio workouts, P90X is a 6 day a week commitment too. 10 minute trainer is a nice program. Before I did 10 minute trainer, I did the Brazil Butt Lift series, and that works all of you too, (not just the butt).
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My brother has it and I've used it and really like it. Ten minute chunks of various things that get you tired. I'm going to try to use it on a regular basis for a while. I have other tapes I like but they take so much longer and I already feel like exercise is a time commitment as it is.