Why are people so thoughtless?

Options

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    When someone says something like that, look them up and down and smile and say, oh, about the same time as you dear! :)
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Tell them you are actually on your way to the abortion clinic. That will make them STFU and feel really stupid.

Lol!

I have had kids ask me if I was prego before, but never adults.

People who ask other women if they are pregnant obviously don't think before they speak.

Just keep working hard. Your NSV of running for 20 mins is great! And fitting into a size small is also a big accomplishment. Try to focus on the positive. :)
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You should have looked shocked and said "Why is there a baby coming out of my vagina?"

A comma would work well in there somewhere, no?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Yeh that really is terrible being asked if you are pregnant. I don't think it was done with the intent of hurting you but I agree never ask a woman if she is pregnant.
    Keep on going with the fat loss eventually it will start coming off the tummy.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Without taking a breathe, I would have said the following, "Oh! you should have seen me 6 months ago, you'd have thought I was having twins! When are you due?" :devil:

Be proud of what you've accomplished.:happy:

I LOVE this response!!!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    why on earth do people say stuff like that , i hear about that all the time its nuts
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It should be a law to never ask a woman when she is due. Unless she is so pregnant that you think a baby is going to fly out any moment. In fact, as I believe in bodily autonomy and personal space? DON'T TOUCH THE OBVIOUSLY PREGNANT WOMAN EITHER. Women; fat, pregnant, both or otherwise are not public property!

Rageragerage.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Ugh, some people. I swear a lot of people don't know common sense and do and say rude stuff all the time.

Personally, I wouldn't take it that hard. It could just be where you hold your weight, not necessarily that you're big. In school I had a teacher who was in great shape, average size, but you'd think she was pregnant just because she held her weight on her lower belly. So who cares what somebody said. Don't stop being proud of what you've done. That's still a big success. :)
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt let it bother you! You have done great!!! A small indeed!!! I have never been a small either...

Btw... sometimes ppl ask because pregnant women tend to have a certain happy Glow about them... I think thats why she asked today... ! I would say you have and amazing happy "im a size SMALL!!!!!!" glow instead of "im going to be a mum glow"!!

Btw... random fact... a pregnant women is said to be the most beautiful form a woman can have .... :drinker: So either way... take it as a compliment... your clothes tell you that your awesome and you have a great happy glow about you!!! So win win!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I have been advised by my mother from an early age to NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you see a baby crowning....

Definitely! People are just rude.
    Also, some shirts make people look pregnant, especially ones that cinch the waist or baby-doll tops. Not sure if your workout clothes are those but I have seen people wear similar stuff in the gym. Or sometimes if I pull my stretchy pants up high it rounds my fat out and makes me look pregnant. Not sure if either of those apply to you but I definitely feel your pain! The other day my roommates and I all pretended to be pregnant...my super skinny roommate even pulled it off!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you had that happen to you! It's so horrible!
    You are making AMAZING progress, and if you keep doing what you're doing then you'll get there eventually.

Just remember it for when (if) you do ever get pregnant, and take great enjoyment in being really offended if people ask if you're pregnant and you can pretend you're not. (wow that should have had some extra punctuation...)

I hope that made sense!

You're doing great! Keep it up!
  • PatBland
    PatBland Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What a shame that someone would say that to you. I know how you feel. Had someone make a comment recently that had viewed my diary - "not the healthiest day you have had. Try better today". This person doesn't know me and it made me feel bad for about 3 seconds. To me that is not very motivating - if that was what she was trying to do. Really do not understand people sometimes. You go girl you are doing great - no need to let this inconsiderate comment bring you down.
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    This made me laugh. Funny how one little comma can change a whole sentence.

Anyways OP, I am so sorry this happened to you. You are doing so awesome. Don't let people's stupidness get you down.
    You should have looked shocked and said "Why is there a baby coming out of my vagina?"

A comma would work well in there somewhere, no?
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I feel your pain I have been there. People should know better than to do that. I was walking though the mall once and as I was passing the maternity store one of the employees asked me when I was due. It really hurt my feelings.

Don't let another person's ignorance dampen your victory. You deserve to be proud of your accomplishments and be happy that you are getting healthy and fit.

Congratulations on your weight loss and your 20 minute run!!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    A good reply would be "Why on Earth would you ask someone a question like that?"

Try not to let it undo all your great work.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have had this comment several times before as well... it's a terrible feeling.

As another poster mentioned - some people see to be born without filters and common sense.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I know people like this and it is almost always an overgrowth of Candida in the gut, too much yeast basically. You can google it. If you cut back on bread products, milk/dairy, anything sugary and take a very very strong probiotic you can probably help it unless some people actually need a prescription anti-fungal like Nystatin for awhile.

And like someone else said, food intolerances like dairy or gluten could also be a culprit, just overgrowth of bacteria/yeast/bloat/gas/not digesting properly.

And one last thing is a cortisol (adrenal fatigue) issue...where maybe if you take some B complex vitamins, try to de-stress as much as possible, balance blood sugar, etc (you can google adrenal fatigue) and that will help the belly as well.

also, if you are an "apple" shape then that is where you would put on weight, the belly and not the legs/arms.

Otherwise, keep doing the good job you're doing. I think it would be rude to ask someone if you don't know they were pregnant. I did that ONCE when I was a child, only because my mom was pregnant with my brother and I was so happy about it, I guess I thought this lady in the doughnut shop was too and asked when she was due, I was MORTIFIED...
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I have 2 things to say, no, make that 3.

1) I'm sorry that happened to you.

2) When I was pregnant I was asked well before i ever started to show.
    When I asked the person why they asked that, they said I had that special glow.
    maybe your awesome feeling was really showing and because you are so fit (it sounds)
    she never thought for a second that you were battling weight, but pregnant instead. :smile:

3) Keep in mind you are doing this for you. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks at the end of the day. :flowerforyou:
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Now that you say that, when I WAS actually pregnant, I was 3 months along and on the stationary bike at the gym talking to a wonderful older lady. There was NO WAY to tell I was pregnant, I did not show at all, I had not even told anyone yet...but she goes "so when are you due, honey?". So I alway wondered about that, but everyone told me I glowed like an angel during my pregnancies, lol now I wonder if that's how she knew or she's psychic or something.
    I have 2 things to say, no, make that 3.

1) I'm sorry that happened to you.

2) When I was pregnant I was asked well before i ever started to show.
    When I asked the person why they asked that, they said I had that special glow.
    maybe your awesome feeling was really showing and because you are so fit (it sounds)
    she never thought for a second that you were battling weight, but pregnant instead. :smile:

3) Keep in mind you are doing this for you. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks at the end of the day. :flowerforyou:
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, but I find it hard to believe that the two women, especially a saleswoman, were deliberately trying to make you feel bad. You apparently look pregnant to some people. Keep on doing what your doing and one day you won't.

This. People aren't all stupid, jjealous or out to hurt feelings. You've made great progress and soon NO ONE will ever mistake you for being pregnant. Keep it up!