What is your motivation?

Options
Okay, so, we have all tried to loose weight, so this time I am not only going to try, but I am going to succeed. In the last 2 years I have gained at least 60lbs. I quit smoking and started on medication for rheumatoid arthritis, I lost my best friend to Cancer and stress at work have been contributing factors, I have decided that I am in control, if I could have the will power to quit smoking (I enjoyed smoking) then hell, I am sure that I can reach my goals for weight loss and fitness. I look forward to letting you all how I am doing, and sharing my story. My Goal, in total 80 lbs (201 inches) My reward... My motivation (other than feeling good again) A trip to Hedonism 2 in Jamaica at the end of January 2010.

Nicke

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicke. Welcome to MFP. My motivation is my health. That's what this is all about for me this time around. I feel like going back to my old way of life can't be an option anymore.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Welcome and my you've made it through some hardships! If you can go through all of that you can do this. It's all about control and choices. My inspirations are all of my beautiful clothes sitting in my closet waiting for me, my husband, my daughter (and any future children) and of course myself. After losing the amount I've already lost I'm feeling better than I have in a while, which makes me only want to do it more. And just by going thru my first pregnancy I know how to eat better so that it's better for myself and the baby. Good luck!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: My motivation is my kids, I do not want them to know what it is like to be made fun of in school because they are overweight, so I wanted to get started on this healthy lifestyle before my kids got to be overweight, which neither one ot them are, so for that I am very glad. I want to teach them good eating habits and how to be healthy and how exercise is fun.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be! My motivation is just to be healthy so that I can life a long and healthy life and not be a burden on my daughter. And when she's older I have plans to head into the mission field in South East Asia - so I want to be in shape to be able to work hard and be able to help these folks in a practical and spiritual way.

You are on the right track. Do this for you!!
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    my motivation is my wedding. all of my bridesmaids are gorgeous & thin- my fiance is 5'9 and 130lbs! i refuse to be the only one on the alter who is not thin.

good luck to you!
  • sumraine
    Options
    My Motivation is my four Wonder Boys, and that i turned 30 in september, I could not keep up with my boys, and had no energy to clean my house.
    Good luck you can do it!!!

163303.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm back. I realize that I need to get healthy. Not skinny but healthy. I've been trying for almost 7 years to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm proud of my self for the fact that I keep trying but I'm also embarrassed that I'm here again. I now have more on my plate, work, going back to school as well as being a full time wife and mother. My main issue is that I have had serious health problems and frankly I'm tired of being sick.
  • hoowanaah
    Options
    :flowerforyou: My motivation would be me.....yeah I have 3 kids but I have been divorced from their father for over 10 years now and I FINALLY want to change.....waited long enough eh? I have been smoke free for about 10 dayz now which is good but do you ever have one of those dayz where you just want one? LOL I am there today but won't give in because I know I will suffer at boot camp!! I would also think that I would be someone to take a second glance at like I use to be!! :smile: