Hi new to MFP

Options
I am new to MFP. In fact, I just signed up after reading a recommendation on of a gluten-free website.

Last year I learned that I can no longer eat anything with wheat. The doctor said that the wheat (gluten) has been the major cause of my depression and other health concerns, including being overweight for the majority of my life, after reviewing several test and my medical history.

Since I have been informed, I have tried very hard to change my eating habits. This is not easy for me because when I am depressed all I want to eat are carbs, cakes, breads, pancakes, etc… When I am not depressed, it is very easy for me to stay away from all carbs, eat right and lose weight.

I am tried of being sick, depressed and overweight. It is time for me to put my big girl panties on, face my illness head on and over come. It is time for me to get healthy, loss weight and kick depression out the door. I am looking forward to doing just that with the help and support from the MFP family. :smile:

Replies

• LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi! it's nice to meet you. I would be happy to support you
  • xochi71
    xochi71 Posts: 33
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. We can win the battle together
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am sorta new too.I joined in December and then never logged in. Now I am logging in daily. My biggest problem is getting out and exercising. Grains aren't good for me either. Send me a friend request. I don't know how. :smile:
  • connielancaster
    connielancaster Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP! Feel free to friend me! We all need all the encouragement we can get!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Do you have a open diary? If so, please feel free to ask me.
  • mstx70
    mstx70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me, I'm fairly new to the site, but the support and encouragement offered is awesome.