Exercise Calories Earned

Options
Does anyone else think that the exercise calories earned are on the high side? Whenever I work out and plug these in I always think it is too high and am scared to eat all of those extra calories.

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I agree with certain things, but I try and double check things on other websites that claim to give calories for various excercises with you putting your weight in. I kind of average them out that way, or I eat maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of my excercise calories to kinda keep me safe gaurded
  • 2kaizen
    2kaizen Posts: 64
    Options
    I usually only eat half to two-thirds my exercise calories, so I guess that is my safety net. Great idea to check other sites. Sometimes I'll use what the machine tells me - but that can differ too machine to machine - I found that out using the eliptical at a hotel, it said I burned about half what my gym eliptical said and had no idea what to do with that. :grumble:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I usually only eat half to two-thirds my exercise calories, so I guess that is my safety net. Great idea to check other sites. Sometimes I'll use what the machine tells me - but that can differ too machine to machine - I found that out using the eliptical at a hotel, it said I burned about half what my gym eliptical said and had no idea what to do with that. :grumble:

Yea sometimes I wonder if my eliptical is correct as well. When I have the money I'd like to purchase a Heart Rate Moniter everyone raves about! lol Plus I walk a lot at work and stand all day I'd like to see how much I burn at work so I can correctly eat, b/c sometimes I wonder if I'm not eating enough
  • lanteik
    lanteik Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you for all of the comments! I will start checking other sites out as well. I am about the same where I only eat about 1/2 of them.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the calories earned which may explain why the scale is hardly budging. I am glad this topic was raised and will just leave a couple hundred "earned" calories behind from this point on.:drinker:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Yea sometimes I wonder if my eliptical is correct as well. When I have the money I'd like to purchase a Heart Rate Moniter everyone raves about! lol Plus I walk a lot at work and stand all day I'd like to see how much I burn at work so I can correctly eat, b/c sometimes I wonder if I'm not eating enough

If you're looking for an inexpensive one, this is what I've got. It's on sale for $20, including free shipping! :)

http://www.buy.com/prod/pro-form-precision-trainer-xt-heart-rate-monitor-with-chest-strap/q/loc/66357/211107597.html