How often should I weigh myself???

Options
Just wondering how often everyone weights themselves? I have heard once a week and once a day in the morning... I dont know!

Replies

• thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You will get a variety of responses. I find early in the morning right after waking up is best for me. I weigh myself almost every day -- this is not always a good thing because your weight really varies from day to day. You'll need to find what works best for you.
  • kpetty60
    kpetty60 Posts: 14
    Options
    once a week at the same time of day, any more than that may be discouraging... at least for me.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is all up to you! I personally weigh everyday to keep my motivation but I only put it on MFP every 2 weeks. anyways, just depends on how you react to your scale lol.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am told once a week is good. I weigh myself every day some times several times a day. Seems obsessive I guess but is does a few things for me: reminds me of my goals and the importantance the day to day decisions of what I put in my body, helps me understand how my body reacts to hydration, exercise, and eating. Works for me, probably not for everyone.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Several times a week, in the a.m., under the same conditions. Even though there are day to day fluctuations, more frequent weighing allows you to make immediate corrections.
  • StaceyAnnMurray
    StaceyAnnMurray Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was getting to frustarted I had my husband hide the scale lol
  • EJand94
    EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning right when I wake up. And I measure my stomach, legs and hips once a week
  • katherine143000
    Options
    It is tempting to weigh yourself every day and multiple times a day. And while it is encouraging when your weight goes down, it sucks when your weight goes up. So I think the best would be to weigh yourself on a set day one day of the week in the morning right when you wake up. Plus when you get on the scale that morning and you did lose like 3 pounds you will be more surprised than you would be if you were monitoring it throughout the week!