Tips and Tricks to Weight Loss

Options
Hello there, I am new to these forums and I have been using myfitnesspal on my phone for 3 weeks now. I started my transformation 3 weeks ago and have been drinking visalus shakes (two shakes a day in replacement of two meals) and it seems to be going well. Down 8lbs, 2 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my chest, and 3 in my hips in these three weeks. I never realized how many calories I was taking in, and now limiting myself to 1200 I have a better appreciation for food, and what goes into my body. My question or concern is that I'm snacking wrong. I put everything into the app however, sometimes I think I could choose better snacks before bed or better dinner meals. Does anyone have any advice for healthy bedtime snack options, or other tips/tricks? Thanks!

Replies

• yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I saw a post the other day that listed 100 snacks that are 88 calories. You should search that one. It had some great healthy snacks and even a few that would be considered treats :)
  • nae714
    nae714 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh! Thank you, I will look into that!
  • nae714
    Options
    Anyone else have any ideas?
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    http://www.ivillage.co.uk/95-healthy-snacks-under-200-calories/126943

This link has 95 snacks for under 200 calories. Also, the whole of that site has a lot of different ideas so it may be worth taking a look at some of their other articles.
    x
  • nae714
    Options
    Thank you :D
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If you are losing at that rate, then the best advice:
    Keep up the good work! You are doing great!

If I had to give one piece of advice:
    Make sure you get enough protein. Around 2.5-3G/kg lean body mass per day (or 1g per pound of body weight if that's easier). It will help significantly with the weight loss, and will result in you looking a lot better after the weight is gone due to better preservation of lean body mass (also keeps your BMR higher).