Losing weight to get pregnant

Options
Hey everyone, decided that after almost a year and a half of not getting pregnant I'm going to lose weight and hopefully that will help. I went to the OB/GYN a few weeks ago and she told me I have to lose weight before she will even check anything else so here I am.

Replies

• wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me my diary is open to my friends list to share food options and for accountability! You got this! You have a great reason to get this done!
  • MelanieKaye1s
    MelanieKaye1s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes this is very true! I had gained weight with my first two kids and lost 60 pounds when they were 7 and 9 years old. After about a year, I got pregnant with my third child! It was a blessing, but now I have to get the baby weight off again. Probably the best tip I can give you, is to not give up! If you mess up or have a cheat day-its ok!! Just get right back in there and in time, all the weight will come off! Best of luck to you! :smile:
  • emilywagers13
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm not here for only that reason, but that is a big part of it :) Feel free to add me as well :)
  • jrwatson87
    jrwatson87 Posts: 66
    Options
    I have PCOS so I totally understand your motivation! Feel free to add me if you need more support. Only been on here 10 days but I feel great, am making progress, and cannot imagine eating the way I did before. Good luck to you!
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have very similar reasons for my weightloss journey. Welcome to MFP!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thats the same reason I joined last March. My husband and I had been trying for our second child for 2 years. Finally I decided to lose weight, I lost 20 lbs in 2 months and BAM we got Pregnant! So good luck to you, I definately know what your going through! Sometimes you just need a shift in hormones that eating healthier,excercising,and losing weight gives you. Plus if you want a healthy pregnancy its always better to be healthy to begin with :smile:
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! That's one of my long term goals in my weight loss journey!
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hello!
    i have PCOS and i understand your pain. add me if you need friends, i'm very supportive!
  • jcatechis
    jcatechis Posts: 3
    Options
    Major part of why I joined, almost 40 and need to make changes to add to my family ;)
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Welcome aboard! Feel free to add me if you like :smile: Hubby and I aren't ready now, but that's one of the reasons i'm here - I've got a family history of conception problems as long as my arm, so eliminating any problems that i actually have control of is a big thing for me. We can do this!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Thats one of my biggest reasons for losing weight too. Feel free to add me :)
  • lutkica01
    lutkica01 Posts: 65
    Options
    same here, i had gained 60 pounds with my first pregnancy and i joined to lose so that i can go for baby #2 feel free to add me
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Losing weight will help tremendously! My bf and I were together for 7.5 yrs with no birth control and were not able to get pregnant. I questioned my abilities and his fertility for so long. Then I lost ~30 lbs and got that baby we wanted. Best of luck to you!
  • nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am actually trying to lose weight after having a baby, but I wish you the best of luck!! I am sure you will get preg in no time :flowerforyou: