Grrr... This is getting harder for me :(

Options
Grrrrrr.... So I have been on a diet now for a month and have ate great, be active and everything I could! Now mu husband hasn't done much but has lost more weight then me. :( I am so happy for him for today I feel like giving up makes me want to just stuff my face!! I guess I just don't know what to try now. I am so sick of water!!
Sorry everyone I just needed to vent!!!!

Replies

• Keeter69
    Keeter69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't give up! Losing weight is never easy. You didn't gain the weight overnight I'm sure and it took some time to put the weight on and it's going to take some time to put it back on. Remember you are always going to be your worst critic. Give yourself props for what you have accomplished! No matter what you're lapping everyone on the couch! Chin up and power on...oh and never compare you weight loss to a man's it'll get you every time :) Believe me I've lost 30lbs in 6 months! Just give it time!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    12 lbs in one month is fantastic!!!! hang in there, for long term loss you want to lose slow and steady. men tend to lose weight quicker because of genetics so do not compare your progress with his. oh and I am going to ask you this.....if you stuff your face like you said you wanted to is that really going to get you closer to your goal???

I will give you the answer NO IT WONT!!! you will feel bad and undo the hard work and progress you have made.

you are doing great. keep it up!
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Men just naturally lose faster than women. It's all their extra muscles. Not much we can do about it. I let my husband get a good head start (about a month) on me so I wouldn't feel depressed by our compared numbers. We've started together several times before and he can lose 10lbs in the time it takes me to lose 3.

So now he's lost almost 60lbs and I've just lost 21. But that's ok. I make sure we have different weigh in days so he's not going "WOOOHOO I LOST ELEVENTY BILLION POUNDS" and I'm going "Yay, I lost .4" That way I've tricked myself in not feeling defeated.

Keep going. It might be slower getting there for you but you'll still arrive at the same destination.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yep. Men just have an ability to lose weight faster... likely a higher metabolism and more muscle mass. Can you be really genuinely happy for him as well as celebrate your own success? Each person is different.
  • BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you ladys are wonderful! first time I have smiled today, I just feel so crabby about everything, did any one else feel this way? Maybe it's just not enough sleep.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrr.... So I have been on a diet now for a month and have ate great, be active and everything I could! Now mu husband hasn't done much but has lost more weight then me. :( I am so happy for him for today I feel like giving up makes me want to just stuff my face!! I guess I just don't know what to try now. I am so sick of water!!
    Sorry everyone I just needed to vent!!!!

dont let your hubby's weight loss get you down... it always seems easier for men to lose weight faster than women do. not sure why could just be the way! but like many people on here the word 'diet' is just wrong! You should aim for a lifestyle chamhe. i have people in my life that tell me all the time "wow look at you... sticking to your diet" im not dieting im eating properly! you need to change your view on what you're doing. you are changing your life for the better. it may take a little longer and alot of confusion to get things right but you will get there!