Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need new exercises to do!

Today was the last day of track for me of this year. For I sadly did not make Regionals today. Since I already jog w/ my dog and I do some core impact exercising and I plan on getting a summer job. I need something more to add up my minutes for the summer so that I can keep what I've gained and lose some more of what I don't want. Any suggestions?

Replies

• I love fitnessblender on youtube
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Find a Zumba class! Check the local Y or your local community center to see what they offer.
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Any beach body program. I love chalean extreme. Its hard core strength training with some cardio. I bought the deluxe version that has extra videos to keep me from getting bored.:happy:
  • @ Nora How much is it?
  • Can't you still go to the track ? Do the local high-schools have tracks where you are ?
    Where I am we can go and use them for free. So you can continue your track work.
    Do 400 repeats. 3 rounds of 200-400-800. Run backwards. Do 400, then some push-ups, situps, squats, and run 400 again - the repeat. Do that 5 times. Do 10x100m sprints with only 30s rest. Stuff like that.
    If you like the track and want to continue working out, there's nothing stopping you doing so.

I will go to the track and do all these things. Just make up a workout. Do 50 Double Unders, then run 800m. Then do 25 push-ups, 50 situps. Now run 400m. repeat the push-ups and situps. Now run 400. Do some 10 pull-ups and 50 air squats. Now run 800m and finish with 50 double unders again.
    I also have a sandbag and will run 400, then carry 400, then run 400, then carry 400, then throw bag for 400 etc.
    There's also stuff like do 800m of broad jumps, but every 50m do 5 burpees.
    It's endless on the track, and you don't need anyone to tell you what to do.

Cross-train with swimming too.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Here is a workout I found on Runner's World website. The author recommends doing this once per week. I do it twice. The workout says to do each circuit in as many sets as you can in five minutes. I do 3 sets instead.

Iron Strength Workout

5 minute warm up (elliptical) - I skip this since I ride my bike to the gym.

Plyometric Jump Squats 6 sets of 10

Superset #1 (Do as many sets as you can in 5 minutes)

Rows from Plank (15)

Pushups (15)

Sit-ups (15)

Superset #2 (Do as many sets as you can in 5 minutes)

Plyometric lunges (10)

Single leg squats (10)–switch legs with each rotation

Superset #3 (Do as many sets as you can in 5 minutes)

Mountain Climbers (10)

Legs Down–lie on your back and lower your legs to within 2 inches of the floor, then lift up and lift your hips off the floor (10)

Superset #4 (Do as many sets as you can in 5 minutes)

Deadlift Rows (15)

Overhead Presses–balance on one leg (15)

Bicep Curls–balance on other leg (15)

Burpees 4 sets of 10 - I only do three sets but I do a push up after kicking my legs out and a pull up when I jump up from the squat.

Planks (Hold each for one minute)

Right Forearm, Center, Left Forearm

Stretch 5 minutes
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Today was the last day of track for me of this year. For I sadly did not make Regionals today. Since I already jog w/ my dog and I do some core impact exercising and I plan on getting a summer job. I need something more to add up my minutes for the summer so that I can keep what I've gained and lose some more of what I don't want. Any suggestions?
    If you didn't make the regionals, then you should concentrate on exercises that will work on improving your time/work to make it next year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • @Oat I'm not sure if they open the track for the summer. I'll go and check.
    @PK Dang! That's alot... I'll give it a shot!
    @ Niner You have a point. I'd love to hit regionals!