Tall Women Group?

Options
Hey All,

I am 5'11.5'', and I weigh roughly 205 right now (I am traveling, and I don't have a scale). I am currently 28.6BMI, and in one year, I hope to be at most 24BMI. I get very discouraged because I lose weight very slowly, but I want to do this. I think I would look best around 170. Anyway, anyone wanna join me? You don't have to be tall. Or a woman. It was just an idea.

EJ

PS: My Diary is closed but only because I don't know how to open it. How do I open it?

Replies

• Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    I'm also 5'11 1/4 and currently 292.0 lb but started at 318.5.

feel free to add me :)
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    To open your diary, click on "Settings" at the very top of the page and you'll see "Diary Settings" about halfway down. Good luck on your weight loss journey - you can do it!! (I'm 5'9" so your title caught my attention.)
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of groups (under the groups tab) for tall women like us (I'm 6ft :smile: ). Here's one:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/126-tall-women

Welcome!!
  • spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

I am 5'11.5'', and I weigh roughly 205 right now (I am traveling, and I don't have a scale). I am currently 28.6BMI, and in one year, I hope to be at most 24BMI. I get very discouraged because I lose weight very slowly, but I want to do this. I think I would look best around 170. Anyway, anyone wanna join me? You don't have to be tall. Or a woman. It was just an idea.

EJ

PS: My Diary is closed but only because I don't know how to open it. How do I open it?

Hello! I'm 5'10'' and go about 192 right now..started at 224. I'm also hoping to get to be around 170. :)
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey there... im 5'9" and weighing in at 175 i was 254lb at one point.. it's been a long struggle. my goal to be in the 160s and nicely toned!
  • nakdwalker
    nakdwalker Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am 6 feet tall and currently weigh 176. I am trying to lost 26 pounds by October or at least turn 160 into fit instead of flab. I always get that I should not lose that much weight or I will look too skinny and my response is it is my body and I know what is comfortable for me. I am not trying to be anorexic or anything unhealthy like that. All I am trying to do is have my body look to me the way I am use to or feel comfortable with. I hate working out but I love riding my bike so that has been a saving grace to me. i did join a gym for the days I cant hit the trail and to tone. I also loooove to eat past and drink wine or drink in general and I really don't want to give that up so bike riding it is. =) I am looking forward to the encouraging stories and successes.

Nakita
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and 205lbs, tarted at 211 and also lose weight very slow. My goal is 185 and I would love support and success stories.
    Elvira
  • aflowerinyourhair
    Options
    I'm 5' 10"and want to get to 182lb as I used to weigh this before my most recent baby (4years ago!) and was happy there. I started at 242 but am currently 237 si I have quite a way to go!
  • 4healthandfashion
    4healthandfashion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! Thanks for the support. I apologize that it has taken me so long to reply--I honestly didn't know that anyone had replied. I am new to this site, and I didn't realize that I had so many responses (PS: where can I find this out more easily?).

Anyway, I went home to Missouri for a couple of weeks, and I did gain weight there, but I quickly lost it all. I believe it's because it was mostly water weight. Also, I drank dandelion root tea yesterday, and it helps shed water weight. I'm going to drink it again tonight.

But how about some tips from you guys? How've you been doing?

EJ
  • 4healthandfashion
    Options
    Hi! I used to want to weight 140 or 150, but I've realized for MY body, that's ridiculous. I've been told twice by health professionals that if I had ZERO fat on my body, I would still weigh 149. Therefore, 150 is a ridiculous goal for me. Perhaps you could go ask some fitness experts what you should weigh, then you'll have the scientific proof to show those who say you're trying to be too skinny. Just an idea.
  • losingthehealthyway
    Options
    Hey :)

I'm 5'10" and about 149 pounds. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by my 20th birthday (January 23rd), so I'll be aiming for a weight loss of about 3 pounds per month. (Slow, I know, but I want to keep it off.) Please do add me for support, motivation, or just if you want to vent sometimes!
  • 4healthandfashion
    Options
    Are you sure it's healthy to weigh that little? I guess super-models do it, but ... I'll encourage you, but only if you're positive that's an appropriate weight for your height. Best of luck.