looking for friends with similar habits (clean eating)

Hey everyone. I just wanted to put myself out there and invite anyone who has similar habits as I do to be my MFP friend.

Since starting I have worked in stages. First I cut out soda and counted calories, then I added in drinking enough water, then eating only clean whole organic foods.

Since the beginning I haven't followed the, "eat everything in moderation or you'll fall off the wagon" idea.
I have completely cut out any foods that have added sugar, preservatives/any other chemicals. I don't eat things like cake, cookies, candy, soda, wheat, fast food, cows milk, cereal, butter, imitation foods, frozen dinners, granola bars, etc. Basically if a man made it in a factory, I don't eat it. I try to cook all my own food and try not to buy prepackaged things. I have had one slip up where my boyfriend brought home pizza and I ate it. And one incident where we ate at a restaurant and I had a seafood plate and one scoop of ice cream for dessert.
I definitely want to continue eating this way with no "junk" food, but sometimes I get rude comments from people on my friends list who criticize me for cutting out junk completely. (*Disclaimer* not all of my friends do this, just a handful, and most of my friends on here are super supportive and I love them!)

I am going to continue eating this way because I have so much more energy and feel a million times better than I ever have...EVER! :)

ANYWAY, I'm looking for some friends who are eating clean and don't necessarily follow the "everything in moderation" method. (If you do indulge a little everyday to keep you on track, I'd still love to have you as a friend if you're looking for support!)

**DISCLAIMER #2** I know different things work for different people, and I'm not saying you're, "doing it wrong" or anything if you don't eat the same way I do. If you've found something else that works for you, that's great! Stick with it! This is just what works for me, and I'd love to have some more friends who are doing the same things that I can relate to.

Replies

• Misha41810
    Misha41810 Posts: 22
    First, thank you so much for accepting my friend request. And second, kudo's to you for your eating habits! they are definitely something to aspire to. I am unsure if this may be something you would be interested in but you may want to look into some raw food recipes...everything is made by you using natural ingredients such as nuts, seeds, organic fruit and veggies. I followed this lifestyle for quite some time before allowing myself to get sidelined and never felt better while I was eating that way...If you would like some more info such as authors of Raw Food (non) cook-books send me a message and I would be more than happy to go through my library...best of luck!
  • Hi

Well done on doing so well...

I'm striving to eat clean; at the mo but as you can see from my diary it is work in progress. I'm trying to follow the principles in the Clean and Lean plan by James Duigan which sound quite similar to yours. Normally I prep everything from scratch but have not made the shift to organic yet mostly for financial reasons (my other half isn't onboard with it).

Add me as a friend if you would like; it would be great to have motivation to keep on the clean bandwagon and also ideas of meals and recipes would be very welcome as I am in a bit of a rut and sometimes find it hard balancing time available to prep food with my partners less than healthy requests and my own diet goals,

If you haven't checked it out yet look at the eat more to weight less board. I think lots of people there are eating clean and enough to be super healthy while losing weight.

Cat
  • ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Thanks for the kudos! I'm still new at it, we're all a work in progress here, right!? However, I dove in head first and don't plan on coming back up for air any time soon. :)
  • ryliejaiden
    bump
  • I am looking to start Clean Eating... I love the sound of it, I think I fill my body with so much junk sometimes! Even when I'm being 'healthy' I'm still eating a lot of processed foods. I often lack energy or have bursts of energy, then low's... so I'm really looking to change.

I'm a vegetarian so I'm just working out what is best for me, but I would love to join in - if you'll except a newbie ;)

xx
  • jameehardey
    jameehardey Posts: 32
    hhhheeyyy!

we are already buddies on here but i just thought id add that im also a 'clean eater' id say about 80% the only things i eat packaged are protein shakes and protein bars... which i might try cut out when i reach my goal weight... i also eat organic baked beans in a tin... but thats it. everything else is unprocessed. which i love and people dont understand until they take up this lifetsyle what it actually is like and how good it makes you feel and how good it is for your body not having all those chemicals running around. like the other night at work we had to stay late and i knew this so i took my chicken and egg salad while everyone else ate pizza. and everyone judged me. but ive made a vow to not eat fast food.... i hate the feeling it gives me... feel sluggish and bloated and just crap overall. im one of those people that dont have it at all instead of moderation because if i have some i crave it all the time. so i just cut it out now i am craving veggies and fruit over chocolate and lollies.. which is good i guess!!!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    I'm trying to do this myself. I watched Food Matters and Fat Sick and Nearly Dead this month, Forks Over Knives last month. I purchase organic, am trying to get a lot more veggies into my diet, but have not been as dedicated to this as I feel I should be.
    My goal right now is to eat more high-nutrient foods as well as detoxifying foods and herbs every day and minimize fake foods :)
  • Janmmore
    Janmmore Posts: 1
    Hi!
    a big 'well done' to following clean eating. It works!
    since january ive cut out sugar, wheat, dairy, processed foods, booze and began eating fresh as much as possible.
    ive added probiotics and aloe vera juice to aid digestion and exercised to be able to participate in a mini triathlon in may....

well, i lost 15kg, learnt run and breathe again and completed the tri (my first one) without the need for first aid!! I felt invincible!next up is a 10km run in sept. The goals have made me look after myself and the eating just make sense to fuel my body to reach those goals.

the james duigan series 'clean and lean diet' is very similar to what I've followed. Tho organic can be expensive, i look to where it makes a difference to my nutrition, such proteins.

happy to be a friend
  • ryliejaiden
    if i have some i crave it all the time. so i just cut it out now i am craving veggies and fruit over chocolate and lollies.. which is good i guess!!!

Yes! I'm the same. I crave things like cucumber and berries hahaha