Eating out - help to choose meals

Options
Hi all - need advice. Have a family meal out tomorrow and no idea what to eat off the menu.

http://thetrooperwall.co.uk/menus.html

The above link is the restaurant for where I'm eating and could have the sunday menu or the evening menu, What are the healthiest 5 dishes do you think?!

Replies

• somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That all looks delicious. If it were me, I'd go for:

> Lemon Marinated Free Range Chicken Breast served with Scallion and Chive crushed New Potatoes, Steamed Asparagus Spears and a Red Pepper Sauce
    or
    > Pan Fried Fillet of Seabass with Herb Crushed New Potatoes and Sweet Basil Ratatouille
    or
    > An 8oz steak and ask for salad and veggies instead of chips and onion rings. I find that with restaurant steak, by the time I've cut off any visible fat, it's closer to a normal sized portion.
    or
    > Roast beef with new potatoes and loads of veggies.

Enjoy!
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice - I was thinking the sea bass. I know I will end up having a desert too... oh oh!

Any other opinions?
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Shameless self bump! Can only check these forums for another hour or so...any more opinions on what I should choose?!
  • mrsweasley23
    mrsweasley23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you are aiming for low cal I would avoid the battered fish, beef Wellington or belly pork but reckon you would be fine with anything else! Enjoy yourself! It sounds lush :)
  • EowynWard
    EowynWard Posts: 9
    Options
    fish is often a good choice. As for dessert, go for the fig tart or at least avoid the cheesecake, that will make the meal lighter. If you can, ask for a plate of seasonal fruit for dessert, it will be healthier and tasty too!