Looking for new dessert ideas

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for new ideas for dessert around 100 calories. I'd like something sweet, but something that's not total junk, and I'm trying to stay away from ice cream, cookies, candy, etc. even if I can "get away with them" as far as calories go due to some blood sugar issues:grumble: . Often I have yogurt or oatmeal with fruit and/or nuts mixed in, or a 100 calorie pack of kettle corn, but would like to mix it up and add something new to my dessert menu!

Wondering what everyone else has for dessert? Let's hear it! :smile:

Replies

• crystaljhall
    Options
    One of my favorite desserts is a sugar free fudgsicle smeared with chunky peanut butter. I get fresh ground peanut butter at a food coop so it is sugar and salt free. Tastes like a cold peanut butter cup.

I also make a vanilla custard with egg beaters, splenda, nonfat milk, fresh ground nutmeg (makes all the difference), and vanilla. It's simple to do and has good protein and calcium.

Success to you.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Thanks... not sure if I like custard, but also not really sure if I have ever given in a fair try. Might have to look into that! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I started eating fruit for dessert. Pinapple is wonderful with a bit of whipped cream, berries with a spoon of sugar, or heat some strawberries or blueberries to really bring out their sugar.

I also love ice, orange juice, a bit of milk in the blender (can do with berries) for a shake/smoothie
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Try a warmed apple. Slice an apple and microwave for 2 minutes. Sprinkle w/ cinnamon and you can top w/ a little plain yogurt or walnuts also. :bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Try a warmed apple. Slice an apple and microwave for 2 minutes. Sprinkle w/ cinnamon and you can top w/ a little plain yogurt or walnuts also. :bigsmile:

... I think I'm in love... :love: I'm thinking tonight I'll have one of my freshly picked apples, with cinnamon, a dab of dannon vanilla :heart: and a few chopped walnuts on top... I may have just died and gone to heaven :love:

I love that idea... what else ya got, Jess????
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i love pineapple sorbet .... pineapple chunks frozen ... fatfree pina colada, coconut or vanilla yogurt lemon juice and splenda 78 calories

strawberries, vanilla soy milk and splenda 77 calories

cant believe its not butter spray ... whole wheat low carb tortilla with sugar free strawberry jam 80 calories

candies almonds ....cant believe its not butter , 1 ounce whole raw almonds (20) ground cinnamon and splenda 88 calories
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    One of my favorite desserts is a sugar free fudgsicle smeared with chunky peanut butter. I get fresh ground peanut butter at a food coop so it is sugar and salt free. Tastes like a cold peanut butter cup.

I also make a vanilla custard with egg beaters, splenda, nonfat milk, fresh ground nutmeg (makes all the difference), and vanilla. It's simple to do and has good protein and calcium.

Success to you.

what's the measurements/volumes for that custard and how do you prepare it??
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

... I think I'm in love... :love: I'm thinking tonight I'll have one of my freshly picked apples, with cinnamon, a dab of dannon vanilla :heart: and a few chopped walnuts on top... I may have just died and gone to heaven :love:

Oh I am SO doing this!! :love:
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    There was a super awesome recipie on here for pumpkin spice cupcakes. 98 cals per! No frosting included. But you could probably dust some powdered sugar on top.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Everything sounds so good. I actually already have some pumpkin spice cupcakes staring at me in the fridge but I'm trying not to eat a lot of sugar until I get to the doctor to see what the heck is up with my blood sugar! Keep the ideas coming... they all sound so good! :smile:
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    frozen bananas
    they are good alone or you could dipp them in melted dark chocolate and roll them in fiber one cereal

philly swirl pops taken of the stick and mixed with berries and fruit slices

oatmeal nuked with frozen berries and topped with cool whip free

fat free sugar free jello pudding with gram crackers

air popped popcorn withcayenne pepper, garlic power and red hot

frozen grapes
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Seriously, it's like apple pie filling when the apple is warm like that!! :bigsmile: You can also do a little bit of Kashi GoLean crunch or other granola type cereal to make it more like an apple crisp. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I like fruit w/ cottage cheese too. A sliced nectarine topped w/ cottage cheese, cinnamon and walnuts also. Yum!

One of my favs is plain yogurt w/ frozen berrries.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pineapple with cottage cheese.
  • heathyr
    heathyr Posts: 12
    Options
    i like a baked banana. you cut it in half both ways, then you sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it. bake it on a cookie sheet until the peel starts to come apart from the banana. then if you'd like come cool whip. you can do this on the barbque too.
  • iRun4wine
    Options

Seriously, it's like apple pie filling when the apple is warm like that!! :bigsmile: You can also do a little bit of Kashi GoLean crunch or other granola type cereal to make it more like an apple crisp. :bigsmile:

Perfect!! You know how I feel about KASHI :love: ever since I confessed my love to all things Kashi on the Clean Eaters thread! :laugh:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I love baked apples and they are a great fall dessert. Slice and peal apples, sprinkle them with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and a little sugar (or your favorite sugar substitute) can also dot the top with 2 T. of butter or omit it. Bake at 350 for 40 min or until tender. Yummy.

I've never tried this but it sounds good
    Peach cobbler 244 cals
    1/4 c butter melted
    2 (16 oz) sliced peaches undrained
    3/4 c flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 c plus 2 T sugar
    1/4 c skim milk
    Spray a 9" square dish with cooking spray; place melted butter in the dish. Drain peaches and reserve 1/2 c liquid. Combine flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. Add 1/2 c peach liquid and the milk to the flour mixture. Stir well. Pour batter over the butter in the dish. Spoon peaches over batter and don't stir. Bake 375 for 35-40 min.
    Pour batter
  • conmonja
    Options
    I make a protien vanilla drink mixed with a cup of milk and half a can of lite mandarin oranges. It tastes like a orange cicle. It is yummy. It gives you 34 gms of protien too.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    here is that Pumpkin cupcake recipe tweaked a weight watchers recipe I found online.

1 box spice cake mix
    1-14 oz. can of pumpkin
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup water

Bake according to the box direction. Makes 24 at 98 calories a piece. It's awsomely delicious. The 2 eggs only added 6 calories per cupcake and made them rise and get nice and fluffy. Just added that water cause the batter seemed way to thick for cupcakes. They are in the food bank as Semi Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. Just remember if you add frosting that will up the calories (although if I had some cream cheese in my house that would have been totally worth it!).

Also Fruitcocktail in light syrup ( freeze it til its almost frozen) Is yummy its about 75 cals for 3/4 of a cup top with aliittle fat free cool whip and dessert for under 100 cals.
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jell-o and sugar free Jell-o pudding cups!! yumm My favourite. Once I added a spoon of melted peanut butter to a chocolate sugar free pudding...i almost died :love: Also sugar free ice pops, yum!