Experiences with standing desks?

Options
bathsheba_c
bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
There was a thread a while back about treadmill desks, but I wanted to know what people's experiences were with just normal standing desks? My company changed locations, and we're thinking about what kind of new furniture to buy. Right now, I'm doing the experimental version of a standing desk, and I got tired and kind of sore in the small of my back after about 1.5 hours (my core is really weak).

Has anyone here used a standing desk for any length of time? Did it have a physical impact on you?

Replies

• jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    If by a length of time, you mean a month...then yeah...I've done it. I don't think I have a weak core, but I did have a sore lower back, and for me, after a couple of days my feet were killing me. I got one of those comfort mats for the area, but it didn't make any difference. After our "experiment", I went with a conventional desk and an ergonomic chair. Much better.

I came to the conclusion that standing desks are for folks who don't actually spend a lot of time at their desk, they really just need a shelf to set their stuff on! :laugh:

Good luck!