Scale dilemma!

Options
The digital scales I've been using to track my weight loss have broken and I've had to buy some new ones- however on the new scales I have lost 5lbs in one day which is unrealistic as I'm averaging 1-2lbs a week. This now means that I have lost track with my weight which is really frustrating !!What shall I do ?

Replies

• SarahClaireB
    SarahClaireB Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    do you mean the the difference between weighing on ur new scales to your old ones is a 5lb difference or that the scales are faulty? x
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    It could be just water you lost. I can drop 5 lbs easy in one day.
  • t61wathern
    t61wathern Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The last time I weighed on my old scales was yesterday morning , this morning on the new scales I've dropped 5 lbs. My average loss is at most 2 lbs a week , so i think the new scales are weighing differently to the old ones- hope that makes sense....just feels a bit like I've lost track of my true weight loss by changing scales.
  • temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    The one and only scale worth using is a Soehnle Centerpoint Alpha.

for exact advice on how to weigh ...

http://jpmay.blogspot.fr/2012/04/how-to-weigh-yourself.html
  • beauand1
    beauand1 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you have some, you could use a dumbbell on the scale to verify the accuracy (or something else of which you know the weight). Sometimes if the scale isn't on level ground it will be off. Just keep testing places until it gets to the right dumbbell weight.
  • t61wathern
    t61wathern Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help.