Before and After pics

Options
katrwal
katrwal Posts: 336 Member
First things first - I did go on a hospital-supervised very low calorie diet for 4 months - per the advice of my internist as well as success that some of my friends had found using it. I joined MFP just a couple of months ago to prepare for my return to, as my husband says, "real people food", and I'm loving this site and all of the information and feedback that everyone here shares. So - before and after pictures - the after pictures are also after 18 months of exercise, and 3 weeks of doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 (had to do week 2 for the last couple of weeks because i bruised my tailbone really badly falling down some basement stairs. Darn those 3" heels I just HAD to wear that day :)).

Before - November 14, 2011 - starting weight around 237 (sorry for the blurriness - this was the one picture I have, and my 5 year old took it):
before-20111114.jpg

After - Monday, May 14, 2012 - 164.2 pounds, lost at least 16 inches off my waist:
after-20120514-front.jpg

and the side view:
after-20120514-side.jpg

no longer worrying about losing weight - just getting stronger, healthier, and maintaining... thanks to everyone who posts & reads on MFP - you are all really inspirational. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! You look fantastic! Good luck returning to real people food lol. MFP is a great tool for learning about what your body needs for both food and exercise! All the best :)
  • Rloral
    Rloral Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 16 inches off your waist is amazing!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations!
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is what I call a transformation! WAY TO GO!!!!

So do yo still have the 3" heels?

I hope your booty gets to feeling better!!!

You are mentally strong
    Holli
  • rubyjules
    rubyjules Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's all I can say... You look FANTASTIC! You are my inspiration for the day (week, month, year... :laugh: )
  • katrwal
    Options
    thanks - yes, i still have the 3" heels - now i just remember to take them off before doing stairs...
  • oxanel
    oxanel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How about your skin? any stretch marks on the belly? Did you take any supplements in your diet? I'm looking like you in the "before" picture ... wish to rich the goal as you did. Congratulations!!!!! Your story tells me that everything is possible, just need time. I wish if you could tell us some of your daily menu would be great ...

Thanks
  • katrwal
    Options
    Hi! luckily, no stretch marks for me (other than the pregnancy ones) - i attribute that to being as white as a ghost anyway - so if there are stretch marks, they just blend in with the rest of me...

while i was on VLCD, i generally had a nutrition bar, 3 protein shakes, a meal replacement (either soup or one of the dried food in a bag things that i bought through the program) along with a salad & 2 other vegetable servings per day - was right around 600 calories per day. I do think that having seen the success my dad had when he was on it (and figuring that I can do anything for 4 months) really helped me to stick to the program. I also started lifting weights & stepped up my exercise to 5 days a week, which i think also helped me to lose so quickly.

as for now, i'm loving getting to have all the "treats" i've denied myself - but i am now a ridiculous portion control monster... down to sitting there counting out the tortilla chips so that i have only one serving... i figure i have about another year of my measuring cups & spoons, scale, and counting before i can imprint in my head what a "serving" is, but in my mind this is totally worth it! I don't have my food diary public, but it is readable by any friends, so if you'd like to see everything I'm doing (which is, by no means, perfect - except that it's perfectly recorded), i'd love to share.

best of luck...
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    That is stunning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!