I love that fast food makes me sick now

Options

Replies

• KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food once in a while but I am very selective of what I pick. I can't stand biscuits and gravy, fried hash browns, greasy eggs, hamburgers, fried potatoes or fried anything else. I do like some Mexican food still, turkey burgers or veggie burgers, chili over pasta, at places that serve that.
  • emilyhwithlove
    Options
    yes! good for you! almost every morning last year when i carpooled with my mom (not having a car sucks bad) we would stop and get fastfood for breakfast (mostly bojangles... a biscuit fastfood place) and my cholestorol SKYROCKETED. it was insane. this year has been much better. while she's in the drive thru i'm sitting happily in the passenger side eating cheerios! :)

i had it a few months ago again and you know what i noticed? i realized the whole day i had problems with my stomach and i felt awful and bloated. no more biscuits for me :)
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to love eating Mcdonalds... I craved their Filet of Fish sandwich and their apple pies... I conditioned myself NOT to like it anymore... I made myself watch Food, Inc and Supersize me... and combined with my weight loss goals, i do not even like to look at fast food restaurants like McD's, burger king, kfc, popeyes, wendys... ugh.

We're ALLL better than that kind of food. Our bodies do not deserve that.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

*sigh*
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options

I disagree. My body deserves Popeye's and the food does nothing to this body. I'm not a fan of fast food solely because I prefer good food but I love that ridiculous fat-laden fine dining food. Good lord that stuff is awesome.
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

*sigh*

It's not that it's high in calories, or has got a bit more fat... It's ok to cheat and splurge every once in a while.. But the way they make the food, the way its grown, the preservatives and hormones that they put in it.. That's the biggest problem. It actually is poisonous to our bodies. Thats all =)
  • Collinsclan22
    Options
    A few months ago, a friend of mine told me about a doctor that went to McDs and ordered a burger and fries, brought it back to his office, and put it on a tray on the check-in counter. He left it there. And left it there. And left it there. For over a year, the food sat there, unchanged. It did not smell, it did not attract bugs, it did not disintegrate. This story (and the supporting pictures) alone changed my view on fast food, and kick started my current weight loss journey. While french fries snuck off my kids' plate when they randomly are allowed to have them still taste heavenly, I'm definitely not hitting the drive thru two or three times a week like I used to. And when I do sneak those fries, I can certainly tell a difference in how I feel.
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    after being really good for 6months with my healthy eating, i decided to treat myself with as KFC yesterday. Bad Idea!- within the hour i felt sluggish, bloated and had stomach cramps! i could feel the fast food inside me and it DO NOT feel good! My body couldn't digest it properly and its taken me 24hrs to get over it! Im glad tho, means my body only appreciates healthy foods now. And my fast food cravings are gone for good lol!x
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I get cravings then feel AWFUL when i give in...slowly but surely my habits are changing :) Congrats!!
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I used to be the one that could go from fast food place to fast food place and eat EVERYTHING.. last night.. my boyfriend brought home taco bell.. and I literally kind wrinkled my face and turned up my nose at it.. LoL!
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. It makes me feel sick, and pukey. I'm glad for that. Now I only eat it when I have no other food options (road trips and stuff) which is very rare...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I used to love eating Mcdonalds... I craved their Filet of Fish sandwich and their apple pies... I conditioned myself NOT to like it anymore... I made myself watch Food, Inc and Supersize me... and combined with my weight loss goals, i do not even like to look at fast food restaurants like McD's, burger king, kfc, popeyes, wendys... ugh.

Our bodies don't "deserve" a lot of stuff. You don't need high heel shoes, or perfect hairstyle either. People have preferences and when others look down on what they think is "bad" for them, they are essentially looking at others as inferior to them.
    Think about it, you don't even like at fast food restaurants. So how do you judge the people that eat there? As idiots, morons, uninformed, etc.?
    I eat fast food once a week for over 40 years now. It's only "bad" when it ends up being the staple of your diet.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    A few months ago, a friend of mine told me about a doctor that went to McDs and ordered a burger and fries, brought it back to his office, and put it on a tray on the check-in counter. He left it there. And left it there. And left it there. For over a year, the food sat there, unchanged. It did not smell, it did not attract bugs, it did not disintegrate. This story (and the supporting pictures) alone changed my view on fast food, .....

That had nothing to do with the McD's burger being bad for you or full of preservatives or anything like that. http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html?ref=title

Even if you made a burger from scratch it wouldn't mold. "the burger doesn't rot because it's small size and relatively large surface area help it to lose moisture very fast. Without moisture, there's no mold or bacterial growth."
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    A few months ago, a friend of mine told me about a doctor that went to McDs and ordered a burger and fries, brought it back to his office, and put it on a tray on the check-in counter. He left it there. And left it there. And left it there. For over a year, the food sat there, unchanged. It did not smell, it did not attract bugs, it did not disintegrate. This story (and the supporting pictures) alone changed my view on fast food, and kick started my current weight loss journey. While french fries snuck off my kids' plate when they randomly are allowed to have them still taste heavenly, I'm definitely not hitting the drive thru two or three times a week like I used to. And when I do sneak those fries, I can certainly tell a difference in how I feel.
    If you took an organic potato, cut it up, fried it in vegetable oil and set it on a plate it would do the same thing. Devoid anything of moisture and it would just sit there. Ever had stale bread, or beef jerky? Beef jerky can last a long time.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    My daughter is home from college for a while and she wanted pizza the other night. I had a couple of slices and felt HORRIBLE!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    This sounds like disordered thinking to me. "Food I like makes me physically ill! Yay!"
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Quick lesson here folks. Though you may feel now that you're "above" fast food, when you turn your nose up at it, your friends will look at your differently. You can dislike it, and say you no longer indulge in it, but to berate it and say it's crap around them while they eat it, is going to leave an impression that you feel you're above them. They won't say it to your face, but they will to each other. Just say it's not for you anymore. No need to make disparaging remarks because others around probably do still like to eat it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I agree and FF does the same to me. We eat it maybe 1-2 times a mth. I'll crave it every once and awhile but then when I in fact do eat it I instantly wonder WTF was I craving. Oh well.

Now Chipolte is a staple in my eating. I get a steak fajita bowl with extra veggies every week and love it. It never bothers me.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    So far this week Ive had Wendys, Subway, Lee's Famous Recipie (basically KFC), and Taco Bell. After each meal I felt... full. Plus, they were delicious.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have to have a cup of peppermint tea after a fast food/ fatty meal now, my stomach just cannot seem to take all the fat and calories lol xx