Why can't I lose anymore weight!!

Options
I have reached 11 stone and I am doing some sort of excercise every day either walking / swimming or housework. I eat my calories + some of my exercise calories, but I have not lost weight or inches for 2 weeks!! Please help!!

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    That's not enough information, you diary is closed.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    First of all, don't panic! 2 weeks is not a long time in the grand scheme of things. People will probably be able to help more if you provide a little more information. For example, how tall are you? (if you're not actually overweight, it will take longer to lose) How many calories are you eating? How many pounds a week are you set up to lose on MFP? Are you logging everything you eat accurately? How are you estimating your calorie burn?
  • katie192
    katie192 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am only 4ft 11 tall so my BMI is over 30 so I am overweight. My goal calories is 1200 per day and I tend to gain 150 - 200 extra for exercise per day. I do log accurately as I weigh a lot of my foods. I don't like veg so eat a lot of fruit about 3-5 of my 5 a day.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    One thing you could try is increasing your calories a bit. Even at your height, you should have some wiggle room. Check out this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less for more info from people who have increased their calories and are still losing.

Even if you don't want to increase permanently, I've heard a lot of people recommend eating at maintenance for a couple of weeks to break through a plateau (although 2 weeks of no loss is still nothing to panic about). I recently had 2 weeks eating at what I though was my maintenance number of cals, and I lost 2 lbs during that time.

This is quite a good article on getting through plateaus: http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Search the net on Set Point theory. It states that your body is happy at a weight. If you lose weight then it needs to find that happy place again. Once it does, you will start losing again.

Plateaus happen. For whatever reason almost every person losing weight will experience them. They can last weeks or months. You can try shaking it up by eating fewer carbs, working out before breakfast and a bunch of other things but in the end it comes down to your body has to be ready to let go of more weight.

Stick on the plan it will drop again.