FitBit... I have one, but confused.

Options
I hooked up my fitbit to MFP yesterday but .. what exactly does it change in MFP? I have walked around a bit today but my "Daily Goals" haven't changed once my fitbit synced. Is that because I've only walked 1,000 steps and its not enough to change anything.. or did I miss something? :/ I also recorded my sleep last night, but I didn't expect that to change anything on MFP anyway.

Replies

• athenna1869
    athenna1869 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you're more active than you've set in your MFP profile the Fitbit will give you calorie adjustments for the extra exercise.

Check out the Fitbit users group/forum, there's tons of info posted
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It likely won't change until you've exceeded the goal that MFP set out for you (that's usually around 5K steps for me). If your activity level on MFP is spot on with your true activity level, you may not see much change at all.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any fitbit adjustments on my exercise log until I set my MFP activity level to sedentary.
  • LillyMosley
    LillyMosley Posts: 166
    Options
    I find it is quite motivating to have friends on fit bit, as you see what steps others are doing? My number is 22T82B, so add me if interested. I haven't taken mine off since I got it.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit for my mom on mothers day, when she gets near her computer she loses her info (steps,etc) so then it starts back at zero, has this happened to you?
  • bradshaws
    bradshaws Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit for my mom on mothers day, when she gets near her computer she loses her info (steps,etc) so then it starts back at zero, has this happened to you?

No, not at all. It should store that days' information and update it each time she's close to the plugged in charger/charging. She should unplug the charger. I would only use it at the end of the day to log everything, until she figures out what is going on.
  • bradshaws
    bradshaws Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    everything works fine, btw :) i just didn't wait long enough hahaha
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options
    I also didn't know that I had to manually go and connect fitbit to MFP so assuming you've done that, I rarely get adjustments from fitbit. Imabout 3 wks in with mine so everyday is a new learning experience but I too would like to have more fitbit user friends. PLEASE ADD :)

Oh but as for losing data when your near your computer, return or exchange that baby fast before they claim you got it wet or something. (Just my thoughts anyway.)
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options
    Will somebody help me to change my settings? I want to put mine on sedentary as well and don't know how.
    Thanks!
    Feel free to message me. Any/all help MUCH appreciated!!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've had mine a few days now and it's okay. I definately will not be wearing it when I workout. I did once because I wanted to see how many steps I was taking that was not part of my workout (about 1.25 miles during regular lifting days. Wow!). I just don't think it does well with it though. It ended up calculating fewer calories burned on my workout days than on nonworkout days and that's just plain wrong.

How accurate has the sleep thing been for you guys? One night I felt like I was up quite a bit (my 4 year old got scared and got in bed with me) and I still logged 99% accuracy? I do think it's pretty neat though :)
  • thelandofwin
    Options
    I've had mine a few days now and it's okay. I definately will not be wearing it when I workout. I did once because I wanted to see how many steps I was taking that was not part of my workout (about 1.25 miles during regular lifting days. Wow!). I just don't think it does well with it though. It ended up calculating fewer calories burned on my workout days than on nonworkout days and that's just plain wrong.

How accurate has the sleep thing been for you guys? One night I felt like I was up quite a bit (my 4 year old got scared and got in bed with me) and I still logged 99% accuracy? I do think it's pretty neat though :)

I agree about the workouts. I played tennis yesterday with both my fitbit and my Garmin HRM. My HRM logged more calories burned than my fitbit.