Would you..?

Options
I've been wondering (questioning myself more or less) about how many of my exercise cals to eat. My question for you guys is..if trying to just maintain your weight now, and ran for about an hour (earning about 550 exercise cals) would you eat them all>?

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I am at maintenance, and I try to eat as many of my exercise cals as I can since weight loss is no longer a goal. It's pretty difficult because it's a lot for me (1800 before exercise cals), but the 5-6 meals per day with real, whole foods help.

Good luck!
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Only if I was hungry. If not I might add a little protein snack, but not use all the calories.
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I eat all my exercise calories with the exception of 100 just in case something may not be just right. So far it has been working out very well doing it like that. God Bless, Brenda
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    I second the notion of eating almost all of them for a while to see what happens. If you loose weight that way, eat them all. If you still loose weight, eat more until you've worked out what the right amount of calories feels like in your body.
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much everyone! I am going to leave a few at the end just as a safety net, and go from there. I'll keep monitoring closely for gain/loss and re-evaluate in a week or so.:smile:
  • stephcheers
    Options
    My question for you guys is..if trying to just maintain your weight now, and ran for about an hour (earning about 550 exercise cals) would you eat them all>?

I just have to say awesome job on the dedication to your workout/ running. How long does it take you to burn that many calories?
    And I eat all my calories and it's working for me. :D
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Steph- Well say like today I ran for an hour-burned about 550 cals, and I do ChaLean Extreme circuit training program-today I burned about 240 cals with that, so today entirely I burned over 700 cals. That was about an hour and 45 minutes working out today:smile: Feels pretty good too! :laugh:
    I workout when I get bored, which also I guess means I can eat more-that is the hard part for me, maintaining and not feeling like I have to eat ALL THE TIME haha..I'm working on it though, slowly..and I just started eating alot more of those cals so I'm paranoid about gaining:explode: