My first half marathon

Options
I ran my first half marathon yesterday 10/3/09

I finished with 2 hours and 34 minutes on my watch and unoffical results were 2 hours 34 minutes done. I have not seen the results or any pictures thus far. I walked for an amazing amount of time 30 second, that was between mile marker 7 and 8. Mile marker 7 I have to use to restroom so bad I was gonna cry, I kept on pushing mile marker 9 I said I have to stop so I did, came out and finsihed strong. I am enjoying the weekend with my kids and wonderful husband if I gain 10 pounds thats just gonna have to happen I deserve this and I will get back at it monday. Promise.

My husband said that at 9:30 they said 1000 people had crossed the finsih line and I came across at 9:34. And they only allow 2000 in this race so I was somewhere in the middle, I will take that. Well better get ready for my friends wedding I may have to crawl into it, but hey at least I will be there.

This is not by any means be my last race, it was addicting and I loved it.

Offical results I finished with 2 hours and 32 minutes out of 2000 people I finished 1134, not to shabby.

Replies

• SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! :happy: That has to feel SO great! I don't know that I will ever do something like that but you are sure inspiring. I have what I think is mild asthma and I can't run. Someday maybe I'll see a Dr. about it but for now I just power walk a couple miles a day. I sweat like crazy doing that so I can't imagine doing what you did! :laugh: Have a great day off and enjoy your family!!! :smile:

Be blessed! :flowerforyou:
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's so inspiring! Way to go!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!! I'm so happy for you and definitely motivated to sign up for one soon! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Tamara,

You are an inspiration to all the ppl who feel they cannot do it. You not only lost an entire person, you changed the one left behind into an ATHLETE!!

You amaze me each and every day.

I am so proud of you!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    You amaze me, lady...so proud to be your friend!

:heart: :heart:
  • ldbenincasa
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! I was just checking out your pictures. You look so healthy! You must be so proud of your accomplishments and what a wonderful example you are setting for your children! I was supposed to run my first 1/2 marathon today, but got injured 6 weeks ago and am only now just starting to be able to run again. I know how hard you worked to train for this and can only hope to one day know the feeling of accomplishment at completing it. Great for you!!!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You just inspired me to keep at the training for the full!!! Im happy for you!!!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    So proud of you my southern sister. We need to run together someday!

:drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Tamara,

You are an inspiration to all the ppl who feel they cannot do it. You not only lost an entire person, you changed the one left behind into an ATHLETE!!

You amaze me each and every day.

I am so proud of you!!

:heart: Jeannie
    Ditto to what Jeanni say's!!! Wow eay to go girl!!!!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I want to knock down a couple of 5K's and climb Long's Peak (ele 14K some odd ft, and a 17 hour round trip hike.) before I attempt something like that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!