Anyone on the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I went on it in September, was very strict with it (ie. followed the plan to a tee) and gained 9lbs! I've been hearing similar stories and commend those that are having success, just ask yourself - are you going to be drinking BBV shakes for the rest of your life? I've chosen to skip the supplements/shakes/fads and take vitamins, eat healthy and do good ol' fashioned exercise... so far, it's working!!! (Although it takes MUCH more dedication than having a sweet and yummy meal supplement 2 times/day!)

Also, I was really turned off by the various Distributor's sales tactics. The incentives for selling this stuff is quite good, but I warn you to be careful of your AutoShip Plan and how difficult it is to get out of it!

Have you considered a possible hormonal imbalance? Possibly the reason you were unable to loose weigh?

Kathy
  • NemeanTiger
    NemeanTiger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm two weeks into using Body By Vi, and I'm down 10 lbs. I generally only eat twice a day, have a light walk in the morning at work, and then an hour swim after I get home. I replace the normal 2 meals with the shakes and I have no issues with feeling starved, or binge eating. I also don't deny myself eating out with friends/family so I could probably have lost more if I was real strict with it.

Just an update for long-term progress and response from the program. I started out with a rather dramatic weight loss of about 20 lbs in the first month, averaging about 5 lbs per week. I then stayed right around there with a normal fluctuation of about +/- 5 lbs for the next 6 months. With routine exercise of an hour a day 4-5 times a week I stayed in that same range, and with more heavy exercise of 3 hours a day 4-5 times a week I would drop to the bottom of my 5 lb variance.
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started using the shakes last spring. I was having 2 a day, but after a few weeks and no loss, I got frustrated and eventually quit using them. I am back on them for the last few weeks - usually just one shake a day for breakfast and I mix it with fruit. It's not so much for the weight loss now, but for the health benefits and then I get at least 1 serving of milk and fruit for sure each day. It's also just easy!
  • appletrina
    Options
    I just ordered the shakes and they should be here on Tuesday...hoping this will help the not so moving down scale...Add me if you'd like. We can all do this!!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Andddddddd because I now dont have work interrupting my post (heheheheh) I wanted to tell you how I started. I was on ww and lost a total of 26lbs since January. I have several friends doing the challenge and now of course distributors that literally invite me DAILY to a shake party. I was frustrated because i felt like what i was doing was fine and that i was being targeted because of my size. I finally went to a shake party in support of another friend and sampled the shakes and HOLY COW! I could totally do this even if I was doing weight watchers. For now Im logging everything into both sites I want to see where I end up in daily targets for points to but that said, I committed to lose 50 lbs in that 90 days. Which depending on who you ask is either good or bad. I follow the plan two shakes a day reasonable meal at night, the first day I ate two snacks (tuna or pickles) in between the shakes, the second day I didnt feel the need for one of the snacks and today so far I had a morning snack and am not feeling the need for an afternoon snack especially knowing ill be eating dinner in the next couple of hours. Im also following both the walk calendar through visalus as well the strength training calendar. I figure if your going to invest the money you might as well commit the time, if legitimately at the end of 90 days I can say I lost then its worth it. If it doesnt work then no harm no foul cant be any worse than anything else ive done right??? lol

I actually don't know anyone who thinks that losing 50 pounds in 90 days is a good idea.
  • appletrina
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • KLSG23
    KLSG23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is my second ninety day challenge. I love the ease of just making a shake and not worrying about what to eat for breakfast or lunch. I definitely feel better on the shakes. I drink them for breakfast and lunch, snack a few times a day with healthy snack and have a sensible dinner. The first time I did the challenge, I did not exercise. I lost not a pound. This time I have decided to workout 5-6 days/wk for 30-60 min and use MFP. I am on day 21 of this new challenge and still have not lost a pound. Presently, I weigh 175.6 and am only 5'6. Does anyone have any advice as to what I might be doing wrong? My distributor told me that I was not eating enough calories so over the last week +, I have upped the caloric intake and am eating back all but maybe 200-300 cal that I burn + my daily allowance of 1510. Hope this info helps.

TIA
  • gunfire77
    gunfire77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am encountering the same problem like you KLSG23. I started the shakes on 1/5 and have not lost a pound either. I am working out 5-6 times a day, using MFP and limiting my carbs. I was told my calorie intake was too low, so I increased it by another 200 and still haven't see anything drop. I know not to expect fast results, but I've been busting my chops for over two months and haven't seen any pounds coming off. If anyone has any good advice on what I should change up, I could use the help.

Thank you!
  • kks1987
    kks1987 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Today is my 1st day :)