working hard and not losing

Options
I am so confused. I eat really healthy, exercise almost everyday 1hr cardio and am not losing weight. I have lost weight over the past 6 or 7 weeks but feel I have now been stuck for 2 or 3 weeks bouncing back and forth between 180 and 183. I am getting really frustrated. Why am I stuck and what can I do.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I am so confused. I eat really healthy, exercise almost everyday 1hr cardio and am not losing weight. I have lost weight over the past 6 or 7 weeks but feel I have now been stuck for 2 or 3 weeks bouncing back and forth between 180 and 183. I am getting really frustrated. Why am I stuck and what can I do.
    How many calories are you consuming? I would say that you're probably doing too much cardio. Are you lifting weights?
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    well by the looks of it u are working out too much & not eating enough,.
    up your calories ... make sure u always net at least 1200 after working out . i recently upped my calories from 1350 to 1500 & the scale is moving again .
  • michellepierce1
    Options
    i always try to atleast eat my 1200 cal a day. I don't always eat back my cal that I burn off from exercise. I have not started strength training because I wanted to just burn the fat first.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    i always try to atleast eat my 1200 cal a day. I don't always eat back my cal that I burn off from exercise. I have not started strength training because I wanted to just burn the fat first.
    Eat more! And you should be doing both. Weight training builds lean body mass, which in turn burns more fat.
  • michellepierce1
    Options
    so cardio 5 days a week and strength training 2 days a week? 2 full body work outs. I have been doing some ab work and butt and hip work just on the floor with no weights.
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same trouble and it's getting very frustrating. I will try some of the advice you got too.
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? Maybe you are losing inches even if the scale isn't moving.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Start strength training, and swap your normal cardio for HIIT.

Don't be afraid of weights.. Dumbbells are sexy. ;)
  • michellepierce1
    Options
    my stomach is flatter but nothing else has really changed.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

That's not enough calories dear. Read this post from a fellow MFP'er: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/586298-if-you-are-scared-to-increase-calories
  • michellepierce1
    Options
    i actually like weight training. I have just been so bad with my cardio that I really wanted to focus on building my endurance. I am training for a triathlon for July22nd. I think I will add some strength training. Its what I like and am pretty good at any way.
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I found that eating at my TDEE and not eating exercise calories worked better for me. 1200 calories is probably not enough, at least I found that to be too little when I first started and lost nothing for the first month eating that little. Try using this calculator http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ Then eat at 200-300 less than your activity level or at an activity level lower than yours.
  • NavaGirl35
    NavaGirl35 Posts: 36
    Options
    I had the same issues, eating the same amount of calories as you are, I am stuck, too but I was told to up my intake.... so starting a couple days ago I have been increasing my intake..... try that I’m pretty sure your weight will start dropping.... Add me as friend and we can battle this together......
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    As others said: HIIT, strength training and eating at least 1200 net calories a day
  • michellepierce1
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise. I am so scared to add but I will. what I am doing obviously isn't working. I will also start my strength training and actually look forward to it.
  • michellepierce1
    Options
    what is HITT
  • AshleyReeder
    Options
    Hey there!!! I have the same exact problem. I do Turbo Fire 6 days a week and have been stuck at 182 for 3 1/2 weeks. I wasn't eating enough so I start to eat more yesterday. Tomorrow I will be incorporating 10 lb weights. My muscles are weak and I know from my support group on Facebook that I will begin to see results soon. Don't give up, up your calories and grabs some of those sexy weights girl!! ;)
  • AshleyReeder
    Options
    A HIIT is a High Intense Interval Training. You can look up HIIT 15 on Youtube.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I think the easiest way to do it is to just eat at or slightly above BMR and letting the deficit be made up by daily activity. Then you don't have to worry about overestimating calories and all that stuff. If you give your BMR and how much you work out (how many calories you estimate burning and how you estimate (HRM or machine or MFP), we can give better advice!
  • michellepierce1
    Options
    I think the easiest way to do it is to just eat at or slightly above BMR and letting the deficit be made up by daily activity. Then you don't have to worry about overestimating calories and all that stuff. If you give your BMR and how much you work out (how many calories you estimate burning and how you estimate (HRM or machine or MFP), we can give better advice!

Ok this is really confusing to me. I feel stupid but I think I need this broken down a little better.