New..ish! Struggling and need some friends :)

Options
mattsgrl98
mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
I have been doing mfp off and on and am having trouble staying motivated. I like Mfp and think it is better than the programs I have done in the past like atkins and weight watchers. I think I would enjoy mfp a little more if I had a few friends :) So I finally decided to try out the community :) put myself out there and meet more people!!
I am a 31 yr old stay at home mom of two beautiful kids. I have been struggling with my weight for quite a few years :/ I had great sucess with weight watchers but after going off plan gained it all back and then some....... I recently have had some thyroid issues and am seeing and endo. doc. She thinks I have pcos too. Yay. Not... Anyway I am not going on meds as of right now. I am trying to fight this crap naturally!! I am looking for some friends on here!!! My goal right now is 40-50 lbs. Thanks for reading this post and I look forward to getting to know some new people :)

Replies

• BellaBumbles
    Options
    Its hard to stay motivated without proper support! I float around this site every day and am on the app on my phone constantly. I'm always around. I have had PCOS since I was 17. Its been a difficult road, and I'm hoping I can get over this hurdle using MFP. Im already down 14 lbs this month! Good luck to you, and I hope your health improves! Add me if you want! :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi! I came here for motivation, too. I have lost weight SOOO many times and put it back on SOOO many times. I am hoping having some support here and friends will help me succeed where doing it all alone didnt. Friend me, if you like.....I will do my best to help!
  • diana776
    diana776 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hello!! Its a tough road from everyone i have been doing this for a long time but I comitted to myself seriously on 2010 and I have been on track since. So if you need motivation and a friend :) feel free to add me.. xx Diana
  • catlips
    catlips Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm struggling to stay motivated also. I've made it to the 20 lb. mark and that's where I usually stall. I've done this so many times and once I lose 20, I usually quit. Not this time!!! It's hard, but worth it. Someone I haven't seen in awhile noticed my loss, so hopefully, that will help...Good luck!
  • memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    Hello! I'm new too. I have been struggling to lose weight for a few years and have managed 23 so far, 8 in this last month because i have refused to give up this time! Feel free to add me :)
  • ShelleyF1108
    Options
    Hi, I am in your boat when it comes to being on and off this site. I am 44 years old, I have struggled on and off for years. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago and it has been a huge struggle every since. I need all the support any of you have to give as well and I have lots of support to give.
    Michelle
  • Hotpinkmama
    Hotpinkmama Posts: 34
    Options
    I have PCOS also and I understand your struggle. It is very frustrating. I'll send you a friend request :) We could all use a little more encouragement.
  • lyrics4mal
    lyrics4mal Posts: 14
    Options
    Sending you a friend request!!
  • ldritc
    ldritc Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome. I feel your pain. I have been in and out for the past 10 years with weight watchers, a personal trainer who tried to kill me, and now here with a new enjoyment of running and 5k's. I have reached out to local meet up groups to keep me moving and motivated. The number on the scale isn't changing, but the inches are. So...I'll take what I can get! I just finished my 2nd 5k. This one in 38 minutes with LOTS of hills. I have committed to doing 1 5k a month. It helps me not to make excuses on the regular days.
  • amberleighM04
    amberleighM04 Posts: 108
    Options
    Sent friend request :-)
  • mattsgrl98
    mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!! Please feel free to add me, if you like.
    I'm on here everyday, as well, either at home on my laptop or on my phone.
  • MandyHaney
    MandyHaney Posts: 2
    Options
    Hiyas everyone. I started trying out MFP on April 14th. I was shocked to find how many calories I had consumed the day before in my rte 44 cherry limeade. Yipes! I honestly started out at 299 on April 8th. I have been struggling to get down and stay under 285. I need to lose 84 pounds before I will be allowed to try to get pregnant. I would love all the support I can get! :)
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    I sent you a request :) Best of luck on your journey! Hope I can be a good support for you!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You can do it on your own. But, the support and motivation you can get from the wonderful people here can make the journey so much more pleasant! I wouldn't want to do it without them :love:
  • Klattersmack
    Klattersmack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new today to MFP. We all need encouragement in life, especially in weight loss. Sometimes complete strangers can spark something that friends and family can't. I too have lost weight on WW, and have gained most of it back.. Let's do this....let's get back on track. Good luck!!
  • RickiD530
    RickiD530 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just joined and I love this site. It is so hard to stay motivated especially with kids around. I know! Add me as a friend if you like.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hello! Was on the weight loss/gain roller coaster for most of my life and tried all the different programs... Finally decided that I needed to make the changes on my own about six years ago and have stuck to it. I am on every day and loving MFP to keep myself on track and healthy. Would love to have new friends to encourage, and to receive encouragement as well!
  • EloiseRefocused
    Options
    I have been going up and down myself.
    I also could use more friends and support.
    I'm sending you an add!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    sending over a request