New..ish! Struggling and need some friends :)

mattsgrl98
mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
I have been doing mfp off and on and am having trouble staying motivated. I like Mfp and think it is better than the programs I have done in the past like atkins and weight watchers. I think I would enjoy mfp a little more if I had a few friends :) So I finally decided to try out the community :) put myself out there and meet more people!!
I am a 31 yr old stay at home mom of two beautiful kids. I have been struggling with my weight for quite a few years :/ I had great sucess with weight watchers but after going off plan gained it all back and then some....... I recently have had some thyroid issues and am seeing and endo. doc. She thinks I have pcos too. Yay. Not... Anyway I am not going on meds as of right now. I am trying to fight this crap naturally!! I am looking for some friends on here!!! My goal right now is 40-50 lbs. Thanks for reading this post and I look forward to getting to know some new people :)

Replies

• Its hard to stay motivated without proper support! I float around this site every day and am on the app on my phone constantly. I'm always around. I have had PCOS since I was 17. Its been a difficult road, and I'm hoping I can get over this hurdle using MFP. Im already down 14 lbs this month! Good luck to you, and I hope your health improves! Add me if you want! :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,176 Member
    Hi! I came here for motivation, too. I have lost weight SOOO many times and put it back on SOOO many times. I am hoping having some support here and friends will help me succeed where doing it all alone didnt. Friend me, if you like.....I will do my best to help!
  • diana776
    diana776 Posts: 54
    Hello!! Its a tough road from everyone i have been doing this for a long time but I comitted to myself seriously on 2010 and I have been on track since. So if you need motivation and a friend :) feel free to add me.. xx Diana
  • catlips
    catlips Posts: 5
    I'm struggling to stay motivated also. I've made it to the 20 lb. mark and that's where I usually stall. I've done this so many times and once I lose 20, I usually quit. Not this time!!! It's hard, but worth it. Someone I haven't seen in awhile noticed my loss, so hopefully, that will help...Good luck!
  • memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Hello! I'm new too. I have been struggling to lose weight for a few years and have managed 23 so far, 8 in this last month because i have refused to give up this time! Feel free to add me :)
  • Hi, I am in your boat when it comes to being on and off this site. I am 44 years old, I have struggled on and off for years. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago and it has been a huge struggle every since. I need all the support any of you have to give as well and I have lots of support to give.
    Michelle
  • Hotpinkmama
    Hotpinkmama Posts: 34
    I have PCOS also and I understand your struggle. It is very frustrating. I'll send you a friend request :) We could all use a little more encouragement.
  • lyrics4mal
    lyrics4mal Posts: 14
    Sending you a friend request!!
  • ldritc
    ldritc Posts: 6
    Welcome. I feel your pain. I have been in and out for the past 10 years with weight watchers, a personal trainer who tried to kill me, and now here with a new enjoyment of running and 5k's. I have reached out to local meet up groups to keep me moving and motivated. The number on the scale isn't changing, but the inches are. So...I'll take what I can get! I just finished my 2nd 5k. This one in 38 minutes with LOTS of hills. I have committed to doing 1 5k a month. It helps me not to make excuses on the regular days.
  • amberleighM04
    amberleighM04 Posts: 108
    Sent friend request :-)
  • mattsgrl98
    mattsgrl98 Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Good luck on your journey!! Please feel free to add me, if you like.
    I'm on here everyday, as well, either at home on my laptop or on my phone.
  • MandyHaney
    MandyHaney Posts: 2
    Hiyas everyone. I started trying out MFP on April 14th. I was shocked to find how many calories I had consumed the day before in my rte 44 cherry limeade. Yipes! I honestly started out at 299 on April 8th. I have been struggling to get down and stay under 285. I need to lose 84 pounds before I will be allowed to try to get pregnant. I would love all the support I can get! :)
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    I sent you a request :) Best of luck on your journey! Hope I can be a good support for you!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member
    You can do it on your own. But, the support and motivation you can get from the wonderful people here can make the journey so much more pleasant! I wouldn't want to do it without them :love:
  • Klattersmack
    Klattersmack Posts: 6 Member
    Hello, I am new today to MFP. We all need encouragement in life, especially in weight loss. Sometimes complete strangers can spark something that friends and family can't. I too have lost weight on WW, and have gained most of it back.. Let's do this....let's get back on track. Good luck!!
  • RickiD530
    RickiD530 Posts: 15
    I just joined and I love this site. It is so hard to stay motivated especially with kids around. I know! Add me as a friend if you like.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Hello! Was on the weight loss/gain roller coaster for most of my life and tried all the different programs... Finally decided that I needed to make the changes on my own about six years ago and have stuck to it. I am on every day and loving MFP to keep myself on track and healthy. Would love to have new friends to encourage, and to receive encouragement as well!
  • I have been going up and down myself.
    I also could use more friends and support.
    I'm sending you an add!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    sending over a request