carbs!!

Options
aksunshine
aksunshine Posts: 62 Member
I'm on a challenge this week to watch my carbs and I eat air popped popcorn every single day :) apparently there are 176 carbs alone in my popcorn. Any suggestions for snacking foods to replace this carb infested food :)

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    chicken.

Or one of my fave from others on here

4 egg whites whipped to a stiff peak then slowly add a mixture of

2 packets of jelly (jello) and 1 tsp xanthan gum in 125ml boiling water and 125ml cold water

put in a fridge.

about 120 calories and a massive serving of sweet treat
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Veggies! Some have carbs, but much better than bread, popcorn and chips! Beef sticks are another good option, especially because you'll get some protein too.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    One cup of popped popcorn (hot air) is actually not that bad on the carb counts.
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-popcorn-air-popped_f-ZmlkPTYxNzI5.html

But, the other replies are great...

Im a big fan of rabbit food!
  • staceyish88
    staceyish88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm on a strictly no carb diet at the moment so I know how hard it is! Popcorn is defo the worst carb out there but if your making it yourself it may be slightly better.
    I would suggest raisins or a granola mix.
  • superstankazz
    superstankazz Posts: 193
    Options
    Pork rinds, almonds, macadamia nuts, cheese cubes, celery, cucmbers, spoonful of peanut butter, sugar free jello, deviled eggs, pumpkin seeds, pepitas, dill pickles, olives, pepperoni......
  • galilanee26
    galilanee26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not watching carbs in particular but my favorite go-to snack is a cheese stick and a half serving of goldfish crackers (about 18 of them). It's filling enough for me, provides a little crunch, and is only 8 carbs total.
  • fuselighter
    fuselighter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Look up a recipe for kale chips. They are good, crunchy, and can be seasoned similar to popcorn.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am not doing the low carb thing, but a friend is. She takes the small cheese cubes and puts them in the microwave until they are crispy. She has also started with shredded cheese. They become like little cheese crackers.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite snacks these days: avocado with a bit of salt and vinegar; cheese stick with a piece of high-fiber Wasa bread; celery and carrot sticks with a bit of hummus, some almond butter, or a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese; handful of mixed nuts; Quaker instant oatmeal (low sugar or plain with sugar substitute). The oats are a good option unless you're in the first ultra-low carb phase of Atkins or South Beach, of course.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am not in the camp of low carbs, I am currently consuming 340+ grams a day but these snacks have and will be my goto for some time to come... All of them are good but my favorite right now is the Zesty Ranch Veggie Chips.... 38 Chips is only 130 calories, like 11 grams of carbs and are delicious!!! Here is a link:

http://www.sensibleportions.com/#/content_home

I buy mine at Sam's Club and Walmart.....

Best of Luck........
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    nuts of any kind
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bump so you can continue to get good ideas!
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jillkent12
    jillkent12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great ideas so far, thanks!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm on a challenge this week to watch my carbs and I eat air popped popcorn every single day :) apparently there are 176 carbs alone in my popcorn. Any suggestions for snacking foods to replace this carb infested food :)

Thank you in advance!

How much are you eating?? My Jolly Time 100 calorie bag only has 20 net carbs.

But if you want other options: jerky, string cheese, nuts, hummus, pb, salsa, or ranch and veggies, pork rinds (nasty), protein bars, berries, melons and there are many more.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt and add your own fruit in. Raw nuts and eggs. Veggies and hummus dip
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt and add your own fruit in. Raw nuts and eggs. Veggies and hummus dip

I like plain yogurt with pb2 mixed in or berries.
  • aksunshine
    aksunshine Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Guess I eat a lot of popcorn :) typically two of the brown lunch bags and POP in microwave! 200 calories but awful on the carbs. I stopped by Costco and got some veggie chips. My co-worker is going to miss my popcorn crunch all day.