Bill Phillips - Body For Life

Options
OK, I am just going to say it...

BILL PHILLIPS IS FAT!
I saw Bill on a few programs and the bulk was very noticeable since I have not seen him in a while - ouch!
Am I being unfair?
Compare this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khKPQKNYcR4
to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixX8SUgjiss&feature=related

Is it too much to ask that our fitness gurus at least manage to stay fit themselves?
The reason this bothers me is that his book "Body For Life" is the base of what I am doing now with modifications here and there.

I saw this and got discouraged, but my success is surely not dependent on anybody else's. Again, am I being unfair?
Has anybody else noticed this?

Replies

• emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I dont know who this is.

I agree that your own success is not dependent upon someone elses.

I am extremely mistrustful of people who make their money peddling weight loss or fitness advice on the telly. They aim to please the lowest common denominator.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Bill Phillips was big in the late 90's early 2000's if I remember correctly. He was the founder / CEO of EAS. Back in the day I remember reading his free supplement / nutrition guide which was a couple hundred pages of what then seemed like good information. I've got to go check out the videos.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It's been about that long since I've seem him; he and I are the same age.

He doesn't just look like a guy a few lbs bigger; Bill Phillips looks fat.

Whatever, it's really of no consequence except to say that this weight struggle is HUGE!
    If a fitness guru can bloat up, anybody can.
  • Horsefan19
    Horsefan19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had read that he was in a major accident and was badly injured.
  • Tanya0927
    Tanya0927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    He was badly injured which required major surgery and limited him to a wheel chair for quite some time. He recently completed his own body for life transformation and looks like the Bill from the 90's again! It's amazing! He has a website called transformation.com I think and I'm sure there are pics on there or just do a search.
  • sengseng74
    sengseng74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tanya is right, Bill had some kind of accident where he tore his muscle when going down a flight of stairs after a workout.

Part of me wonders whether he got fat on purpose while recovering, knowing that he could once again use his own program to remind people that his system works.

I've listened to a bunch of people compare Body for Life with his new Transformation program, and apparently it's a lot of the same material, except this time Bill gets more sentimental and ties emotional balance into balanced eating and activity. Additional advice suggests that if you already own the BFL books, a lot of what you find in the Transformation book will repeat what you already know, mixed in with some new stories and updated data.

Bill even admits in his Body for Life program that fad diets come and go by the 1000s. His BFL system had a really good run, but it's definitely not as popular as it was about 5-10 years ago. Even the BFL website has not been updated in a while, although there are many veterans and dedicated followers who make the most of the community section still.

So I do believe Bill is "renewing" his image and giving his program a face-lift to appear new again, complete with his own transformation to re-ignite everyone. If that's the case, he's a very good marketer! :-)
  • sengseng74
    sengseng74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    By the way, if anyone on here is living the BFL "lifestyle" and would like to become friends on MyFitnessPal, please let me know! I'm always interested in getting the most from Bill's system, and learning more recipes, sharing food journals, seeing what others are doing for exercise, etc.

Thanks!
    Steve