robwell says GREETINGS!!!

Options
Hi there. I'm new to your website and not very good or fast at typing. So if you see a lot of errors, please don't laugh TOO hard! On 9/29 I was informed I had Type 2. My BS level after an 8 hour fast was 239. Plus my cholesterol level was very high. I am taking Metformin , Glipizide , and Lovastatin. I was told which works for what, BUT I CANT REMEMBER, I take the pills twice daily and they seem to be helping fine. This morning, my BS level was 85. Yesterday, it was 154. Friday it was 153. We, my wonderful wife, have started a diet plan, supplied by my Dr. , who, by the way, gave NO professional advice at all, him or his staff. His assistant showed us how to do the testing, handed me the info. box, said 'good luck', and 'see you in a month'. Now wasn't that nice of them? Since I'm a truck driver, the daily ritual of scheduled exercise is impossible! So modern electronics has come to the rescue, a Nintendo Wii and the Wii Fit. I split exercising to 15 minutes morning and evening. It seems to work better this way. I'm not too tired for work and not dead after working out in the evening. I'm going to increase it as time goes by. Well, I'm done, typing grammatical errors and misspelling, all of that. I have been driving my wife crazy with questions, so Im going to pester you fine people too. Thank you. rw :happy:

Replies

• randkwellborn
    Options
    :heart: you are doing great honey keep it up! love you
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Well you chose a great site! Make sure you drink your water! that's very important! Also since you only have so much time to exercise make sure you are watching your calorie intake. You can lose weight without exercise, but exercise kind of speeds it up. Good luck with your weightloss. I think it's great that you're wife and you are doing it together. That should help keep both of you accountable.
  • mtweety33
    Options
    If you have a wii I recommend buying the game my fitness coach. It's basically your own virtual personal trainer that designs a workout program just for you!!! It's amazing and I feel it provides much better results than Wii Fit. Just my opinion but I hope you decide to give it a try. If so, let me know what you think. :smile:

143295.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rob and Rand, we are glad to share this wonderful sight. Alot of misspelled words are seen on here so do not worry about that! I love the sound of perseverance in your post's and I believe with an attitude like that you will succeed! There is so much info and encouragement on here tht you will find it addicting (so much better than eating)! i wish you both the best!
    verda
  • robwell
    Options
    Thank you vhuber for your words of encouragement. It's nice to be around people in the same situation. It will help me a bunch especially right after the initial shock. Though I don't have plans on abandoning the site later on. It truly helps in this most trying time. Thank you. rw
  • randkwellborn
    Options
    Hi and thanks everyone, I am the K in randkwellborn. :laugh: I know that this will help alot with our goals. When robwell was told he had type 2 diabetes we were basically told to lose the weight and change the diets but not anything else. It will be easier to track the intake of cholesterol and carbs on here then trying to figure it out myself.
    the site says we should have about 2000 calories aday but I am trying to keep it around 1500 to 1800 a day, any suggestions?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks everyone, I am the K in randkwellborn. :laugh: I know that this will help alot with our goals. When robwell was told he had type 2 diabetes we were basically told to lose the weight and change the diets but not anything else. It will be easier to track the intake of cholesterol and carbs on here then trying to figure it out myself.
    the site says we should have about 2000 calories aday but I am trying to keep it around 1500 to 1800 a day, any suggestions?

Ok I get it! R for Rob and K for you** Wellborn!!! The calorie count does seem high! Mine is 1200 and then more with exercise! Do not forget to eat your burned exercise calories, the info for this is under the TOPIC headline! I could see 2000 for an extremely busy or a super heavy duty worker but then usually those active of a person are usually at the right weight and do not worry about calories! LOL When you are assigned your calories it is figured for male/female, age and activity level! Cutting back, limiting fats/sugars, drinking WATER and exercising will reward you results!! Best wishes guys!
    Verda
  • robwell
    Options
    Hi tweety, Dont know that much about fitness coach. We, me and my family, enjoy the Wii Fit and this coming week we are getting the Wii Fit Plus. If you haven't checked it out yet, you ought to. It looks like it it going to be so much fun. My wife asked me if I was ready to dress like a chicken and dive bomb islands. It has a demo at the Nintendo web site. And it uses every thing you have already so you only have to buy the disc, and that's not expensive by itself. Check it out.:laugh:
  • robwell
    Options
    Hi dream! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but this last week was wild. I was gone on a run for three days and did not hardly see a computer, much less my own. Since I have Type 2 Diabetes, water and exercise are a necessity . I wasn't much of a water drinker until I met my wife. She harped at me for so long that I finally gave in. Now its at least 8 cups a day. We have a Nintendo Wii and the Wii fit and are getting the Wii Fit Plus this coming week. I have no chance or a regular schedule, so normal routine is out. The Wii Fit has solved that problem. Since I started exercising this way, I've dropped 14 pounds! I guess it is working, along with my diet. :happy:
  • sumer_13
    sumer_13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Jullina Michaels new game Ultimatum 2010 game that just came out...is no joke!!she really works you....i am so sore this am....just bought it yesterday...i was hesitant about buying it , cz i was not impressed about 2009 version.. also they have a Biggest Looser one out....wii active it good aswell....as you can see i love the workout games of wii.......hew!! hew!!

Just know you can do this!!and will! have a great sunday

L:Inda