HELP PLEASE :)

Options
Sun 05/20/12 12:52 PM
Hi can anybody help im just wondering, after i only lost 1 pound this week i've decided to cut out bread as i love my bread and do use most of my calories on bread. Just another thought does anyone think i need to cut out the diet pepsi too? Im not a massive fan of water and as i have also quit smoking too i do look forward to a can of 'PEPSI MAX' Im drinking no water whatsoever! Is this where im going wrong? x
Thanks
Natalie
x

Replies

• hazocama
    hazocama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My personal belive is not to "cut" anything completely out of your diet, you can always get a low cal high fiber bread which is only 90 cal for two slices. also coming from someone who HATES drinking water also. I compromise with myself. I have 4glasses of plan water and 4glasses of flavored water (no cal waters) and if you are not over doing it with the pepsi max I think it isnt all bad I have a sprite zero a few times a week. Good luck
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Is there àlot of sugar in that pepsi max??
    If ur not keen on water why not try a glass with a squeeze of a lime wedge in it and have it super cold? Soda water and fresh lime is also tasty and really refreshing! I used to heave when I tasted plain water but now I'm on 2L p/day give or take the odd orange juice or smoothie!

Not sure about the bread, I'm new to this dieting malarkey! Xx
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    Thanks girls, i think im going to try some flavored water if not plain water tomorrow as even tho pepsi max claims to have no suger i do feel bloated and can drink 3/4 cans aday. x
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    try the flavored seltzer waters.....sometimes you need a fizz-fixx....and it does the trick!
  • ilovesmak
    ilovesmak Posts: 9
    Options
    I am currently seeing the doctor that people see before they have gastric bypass surgery - I'm not a candidate for the surgery, but I have fatty liver disease. Anyway, I'm not a water drinker either, so she recommended Crystal Light that you can add to water. It really is good and has helped increase my water intake.
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    take a look at your sodium intake.. sodium will make you retain water and be bloated.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Sun 05/20/12 12:52 PM
    Hi can anybody help im just wondering, after i only lost 1 pound this week i've decided to cut out bread as i love my bread and do use most of my calories on bread. Just another thought does anyone think i need to cut out the diet pepsi too? Im not a massive fan of water and as i have also quit smoking too i do look forward to a can of 'PEPSI MAX' Im drinking no water whatsoever! Is this where im going wrong? x
    Thanks
    Natalie
    x

First of all, congratulations on quitting smoking!! That's really wonderful! Drinking the Pepsi Max won't be harmful, but drinking that much of anything carbonated can very definitely cause bloating. Not in a way that prevents you from losing, but it could prevent you from seeing as much of a difference in your waistline. You might see if you can find Propel Zero. It's flavored (lots to choose from), and slightly sweetened water with some added nutrients (like Gatorade w/o carbs).
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls, i think im going to try some flavored water if not plain water tomorrow as even tho pepsi max claims to have no suger i do feel bloated and can drink 3/4 cans aday. x

you are as well with the pepsi max as flavoured water so have what you enjoy. pretty sure it has no calories just sodium and chemicals so try to drink water as well. i'm not a fan of water so i have mine hot with a slice of lemon and some ginger.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You def need to drink more water... Maybe do 1 or 2 pepsi a day and more water... the bread takes up a lot of carbs so i would maybe buy the 80cal slice bread and have it earlier in the day but limit 1 or 2 slices or try ezekiel bread. Eat more green veggies also
  • anitaplus4
    anitaplus4 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of water either. I used the walmart generic brand of crystal light that is made with Stevia. The Stevia is all natural. They have some great flavors. Also the crystal light has some of the kinds with caffeine that might help you break the need for the Pepsi Max. Since I started using it I have noticed that I can now drink a plain bottle of water quite easily. Just an idea. :smile:
  • maryaroy32
    maryaroy32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bread is loaded w carbs. I rarely have it, but I like these 100 calorie honey wheat sandwich thins sometimes if I'm having a sandwich. The Pepsi max is zero cal but I wouldn't make it your only source of fluids. Water flushes the system, therefore the more you drink the better you'll be. Also, if you're using a lot of carbs like bread that water will cause you to fill fuller after eating. Test this out. Get a piece of bread wet. The bread expands. That's what's happening in your belly.
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    Thanks every1 for the great advice, trouble is im guessing most of you are from America so im not sure what i can get over here in england :) xx
  • stephanie_88
    Options
    I don't like plain water either. I also don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners. I do like Vitamin Water Zero or SoBe Lifewater 0 calorie. They are use Stevia-based sweeteners. I mix them in equal parts with water to save money. I've been doing it for a while and now I can't drink them straight because the flavor is too strong. I also like the Crystal Light Pure. It also has a Stevia-based sweetener. I mix it with double the water too. All of these come in lots of fruity flavors.
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think it's just good practice to have everything in moderation. Lower your amounts of bread and lower your pepsi max intake. You need water! Even if you flavor it with a 0 or low cal flavor (crystal light) then you are doing better than pepsi. Also, unsweet tea if you can handle it (not a fan). After drinking water for a couple of weeks, you get used to it! I handed water and now I drink about 100oz of plain water a day! haha You just have to adapt... good luck!