I don't mind working out, but it makes me hungry!!

Options
Of course working out should make you hungry, but I feel like I could eat for days!!
Any tips on what I could eat before hand or even after to help with those cravings?
I am only trying to loose about 15 lbs and to be in shape, no bulking up or anything.

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein and low caloric density foods. You can eat lean turkey and quinoa+fruits an veggies until you explode and still won't intake more than 1000 calories
  • imsomony
    imsomony Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same, easily feeling like I could eat us out of house and home, until I started doing something similar to what wackfunster suggests.

For my moderate workouts (weekdays), I go on an empty stomach and then make sure I have a protein shake afterwards. That helps for a few hours until I can sit and eat a real meal. But for my heavy workout days (weekends), 1-2 hours before, I eat a carb & protein dense breakfast, and afterwards, I eat primarily protein (lean meats, veggies, nonfat cottage cheese, etc). Lots of water during the workout as well, of course. Since I began doing that, I haven't had even a single "I need to gorge myself" feeling afterwards.