calf pain any suggestions?

Options
I usually walk 1 mile but lately I have been having a lot of calf pain in one leg. I don't know why this has started. Does anyone know how to get this to stop so I can continue my walks or why it even started. I do some lite warm up exercises I even try some calf stretches when it start but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Replies

• amyrchester
    amyrchester Posts: 11
    Options
    Does the calf pain go away while resting? Sounds like you're doing everything possible: warming up and stretches. Don't mean to scare, but if it is severe and doesn't go away you need to see a doctor (I used to be a nurse). Blood clot comes to mind.

If the pain does goes away while resting, it is probably just overuse so I would try walking less for a week to let the inflammation heal. Also look into good running shoes... :) Exercise needs to be eased into for some of us (like me). Treat yourself like an elite athlete and take care of yourself.
  • ann2012evans
    Options
    Rest makes it go away it just happens when i walk fast or very far...i agree imflammation or i am not warming up not enough...thanks for responding...i c my doc next week i will talk to him about it n make sure..